Chapter Forty One: Explaining

Eleanor’s POV Me and the boys stood there in amazement. What a welcome we got. Zayn just barging into the house, grabbing _____ and forcing her upstairs without any hello or anything of that sort. I was massively confused and scared. Zayn and _____ made their way up the stairs. I took a look at Louis, Harry and Liam who just stood there. No emotion. Then I looked at Niall who was shaking. He looked very red. “Okay. What happened here?!” I asked them. Louis sighed. “Come here love. Let us explain.” he said to me. He grabbed me by my waist and sat down on the couch. Liam, Harry and Niall followed. “What happened?” I asked again. Louis sighed. “There was an incident the other night at the club..” he started off. “What?” I asked. I looked at Niall who sat there, still shaking. Biting his lower lip. Louis started to explain to me everything that happened that night. My jaw dropped and I stared at Niall. I wouldn’t blame Zayn for punching him that night and wanting to go after him now. I felt anger within me. I did consider actually slapping him across his face. But I figured Zayn already done too much. My anger turned into sadness. “Really?” I asked them after Louis told me what had happened. They all nodded sadly. I took a look at Niall who was looking at me, guilt filled his blue eyes. “Niall?” I asked him. He sighed, dropped his head. “I don’t know.” he responded. “I couldn’t remember anything, and honestly, I don’t remember any of that happening.” he said. “But it’s true mate.” Liam told him. “It’s all true, why would we make something up like that?” he asked. Niall shrugged. “Dunno.” he answered. “Because we didn’t. It’s the truth. You think Zayn would just come out and punch you out of no where?” Louis questioned him. He shook his head no.

     “Exactly.” Louis said. “Niall, the reason you don’t remember any of this happening is because you were drunk. We went over this.” Harry said. Niall looked like a mess. Niall had tears in his eyes. I’ve seen him cry before. And it’s just plain awful. If there was one person in the band that just killed you by watching them cry, it would be Niall. “Guys, Louis, Liam. Harry. Eleanor. Pl-Please. I’m so sorry. I-I-I…” he said. Everyone looked at him. I sighed. How could I stay mad at him? “Niall, it’s okay.” Liam was the first one to speak. Niall’s head lifted up. “Really?” he asked. We all nodded. “Niall, we understand that you were drunk. We also understand that you would never hurt _____.” Louis said. “Never.” repeated Niall. “Yeah, but it was stupid of you to even get drunk that night.” Liam said. Niall shrunk. “I know.” he admitted. He sighed. “Are you guys angry with me?” he asked hesitantly, moving his eyes to look at every one of us. Louis, Liam and Harry shook their heads. “No.” Liam answered. A little smile grew on his face. “But….” Harry said. Heads shot in his direction. “We would be lying if we said we weren’t dissapointed in you.” Harry was right. Liam and Louis nodded. They weren’t angry at Niall and neither was I. We were dissapointed. We were upset that he would do something like that when we knew that he was a thousand times better than that. “I know.” Niall said. “And I’m so so sorry.” he apologized. Everyone looked at eachother. “It’s okay Niall.” Louis said. “We’re all gonna get through this.” he said. Another little smile grew on his face. “But what about Zayn?” Niall questioned. That question made my stomach turn. “Obviously, Zayn feels differently about this whole situation then we do.” Liam said. “Yeah, not only is he dissapointed like we are, but he’s angry.” Harry said. You could just tell that those words broke him. But it needed to be said. “He punched me…” Niall said to himself. “What do you think will happen to us?” he questioned.

     Everyone looked around again. “I dunno Niall.” Louis said. “That’s up to you and _____.” He sighed. “What about Zayn?” he asked. Everyone sighed again. “How do I deal with him?” he asked. No one new how to answer. “When Zayn is angry, you see, he holds a grudge.” Liam started off saying. “I would be lying to you if I said you two were going to make up very quickly. No. Zayn is going to need time to get everything through his had.” Liam finished. “I understand.” Niall said. He sighed. But then and there, he started to cry. He let his head drop and placed his hand over his eyes and started to cry. At first, we al just looked at him. “Come on now.” Louis said. He got up and went over to Niall to give him a hug. Niall hugged him back and cried into his shoulder. I, Liam and Harry joined in the group hug. You could feel Niall’s body tense up. After a few moments we all let go. Niall wiped his face. I placed my hand on his knee. “Niall, don’t worry. This will eventually all blow over.” I said trying to sooth him. “But how?! How awkward will it be seeing _____ face to face now with her knowing what I had done to her?” Niall shot back at me. I was taken aback. I couldn’t answer. “That’s what i thought.” Niall said sadly. “Well mate, you’re eventually going to speak with her about this correct?” Liam asked. He nodded. None of us spoke to eachother. We just sat there for the next half hour, pondering our thoughts. I was on the boys’ side this time. I wasn’t angry with him, I was just dissapointed. I did sympathize with Niall slightly because I knew he didn’t do it intentionally. And that he really did love _____. It was just a bad mistake. About a half hour passed and still, there was no sign of _____ and Zayn. “Ummmm… I’m gonna go peek in and see if everything’s alright.” I said. They nodded at me as I got up and headed upstairs quietly. I reached Zayn’s room. The door was closed. I pressed my ear against it to see if I could makeout any noise. Nothing. I slowly turned the handle and opened the door slightly just so I could peek in. I saw _____ and Zayn laying down next to eachother, asleep. I smiled to myself and then shut the door. I went downstairs.

     “Well?” Liam asked when I came down. “They’re both asleep.” I said. Niall sighed. “Alright, well we’ll just wait for them to wake and we’ll see what happens.” Louis said. I nodded. We waited in silence for them to wake up. Again, pondering our thoughts. About a few more minutes later, we heard footsteps coming down the stairs. We all perked up and watched the empty staircase as if it was going to move. We watched and watched until we saw Zayn and _____ come downstairs together. We all just stared at them. Zayn walked with his head down. He entered the living room, picked his head up, sighed and looked at all of us. _____ was right behind him. “Niall…” he said calmly. Niall looked at him. “I think you and _____ should have a little chat.” he said. You could hear Niall swallow. He stood up. _____ stood beside Zayn. Neither of them said any word to eachother. Niall just took a look at Zayn, then at _____ are started walking up the stairs. _____ followed. We watched them go upstairs together. You could just feel the tension. Once they weren’t visible anymore Zayn cracked. He took a tiny glass up that was sitting on the side table, took it in his hand and threw it against the wall and groaned. We all jumped. Louis quickly put his arms over me, covering me. I shaked. Harry and Liam’s eyes were wide open. I was thinking Liam was about to say something or to calm him down, maing sure he wouldn’t hurt anyone. But he didn’t. Zayn looked at all of us, sighed, then stormed out the front door angirly. He slammed the door shut. “He must be going out for a walk.” Liam said. “To calm his nerves.” There was shattered glass on the floor where Zayn threw the cup against the wall. “Better clean this up.” Harry said, getting up, getting a broom and a pail and sweeping the glass up off the floor. I sighed. I wondered what _____ and Niall were talking about. End of POV