Chapter 32

Part two of jadequila × Saeroyi...

Enjoy~
____________________________________

"My name is Jade Quila..." She introduced herself with a warm smile on her face. Saeroyi's heart fluttered.

"So, shall we go now?" Saeroyi asked. Jade nodded, her wavy hair bouncing slightly. They started walking towards a cafe.

"This cafe is just chic and total vintage. My favourite..." Jade said as she pushed open the door, letting Royi and herself in. They were greeted with some happy faces. They went to a table by the wide window(that's what you call it?) and sat down.

"Annyeonghasehyo! Welcome to Cafe Serendipity! What can I get for you two?" A waitress came and beamed before throwing a quick wink at the brunette. Jade internally cursed at the waitress and made an annoyed face which Royi didn't miss to notice.

"What's special for today?" Jade asked, her voice monotone.

"Today special is Pancakes with fruits and nuts along with strawberries dipped in chocolate fudge..." The girl rapped. Saeroyi wasn't sure if he catched any of those.

"I'd have the special please." Jade said straight up. Jade turned to the man and asked what he wanted.

"I'd like to have whatever this beautiful lady in front of me is having." Saeroyi went in straight and smooth. A playful smirk tugged on his plush lips made Jade blush furiously. She thought her cheek would catch fire.

"Uh- Okay! I'll be back with your order..." The girl speed walked away. Saeroyi chuckled while Jade cussed under her breath.

"Did someone ever told you that you look hella cute when you're annoyed?" Jade looked up at Royi with wide eyes, complete disbelief glistening in her brown doe eyes. A pink shade creeping on her honey cheeks.

An awkward aura fell upon them, causing the duo to not know what to do or even say.

"So, Mr. Lee? What do you do?" Jade asked, breaking the ice of awkwardness between them.

"Well, I'm a police officer. I work in Seoul Police Headquarters." He answered.

"Oh! Then what made you come here? Are you here to catch some thieves or something else?" The girl leaned on the table with the help of her forearms.

"I'm here to provide some information to my fellow officers."

"Looks we have a cop dude here." Jade smirked before chuckling heartily.

"Cop dude... Hmm... Not bad honestly." Saeroyi grinned. "What do you do?"

"I work in an adoption centre." Saeroyi's lips formed an 'O' shape. "It really breaks my heart when several people come and leave their angel like babies and kids to us. If they didn't want kids, they why do they even try?"

"It must be very hard for you." Saeroyi frowned.

"Sometimes. But the kids are just literal angel and they are so precious. Their sweet smiles make my day!"

"That's so sweet."

"Mr. Lee-" Royi cut her off.

"Call me Saeroyi or Royi." Jade chuckled.

"Sure Royi..." Saeroyi's heart was about burst out of his ribcage. He was so whipped for this girl by now.

"Where is your adoption centre?" Royi asked again. The awkwardness gradually lifted up and was replaced with a friendly aura.