Chapter 36 - Izuku.

Izuku was mulling around in the kitchen, finishing bentos for the Ragtags to have for lunch. It was a surprise, but he'd give Rhyki's to her first thing. Purely so he could wind her up with it and that she'd have to wait before being able to dig in. As the last lid was clipped into place and the kettle finished boiling, a scuffle of feet drew his attention to the doorway, just as his mum sluggishly walked in, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She was in comfortable shorts that reached the middle of her thighs and one of his old tops that hung off one shoulder. Her hair was flowing down her back with small strands all over the place. Classic bed head. Izuku thought it was adorable.

"Morning mum." He set about making her coffee and she crashed into his back, wrapping her arms around his waist with a yawn.
"Morning sunshine. Did you sleep alright?"
"I did thanks. Did you?"
"Yes." She nuzzled into his spine, making him chuckle. He was in his new uniform, just without the blazer and had rolled the shirt sleeves up to his elbows. He'd also left it untucked, and minus the tie considering it now felt like he was being strangled and it looked silly on him. His bag was packed and, on the table, ready to put the food inside.

He also made an additional two bentos, because he had a gut feeling that they'd have two people joining them today. Not as official members or anything though, because that was a group discussion, but he had a feeling they'd be hanging with them more. His mum let him go, and he handed over her coffee, as well as breakfast he'd made.
"Thanks sunshine." She stretched up to kiss his cheek.
"You're welcome." He returned the gesture, before collecting his own food. They took it to the table and tucked in. They ate in comfortable silence, before his phone binged.

SisterRhyki: Morning shithead, you better be fucking up already! Anyway, I wanted to say that I'm walking with Kat today, hope that's ok? X

Izuku: Morning. Yes, I'm already awake firecracker and eating breakfast with mum. That's fine. I'll see you at the gates x

SisterRhyki: Thanks dude! See you soon x

Izuku put his phone back in his pocket and finished off his breakfast. When they'd finished, he collected the dirty dishes and put them in the dishwasher, along with the other things he had used to cook this morning. Grabbing some bentos, he put them on the table, resulting in his mum looking at him with an eyebrow raised.
"What's that?"
"Bentos. One for you, Aizawa, Nezu and Mic. I also have one for Granny."
"Oh, thank you. What are they?"
"BBQ pork, with chunks of chicken and beef."

"Roll on lunch!" His mum clapped her hands together with a broad grin. Izuku chuckled at her excited expression.
"Enjoy. I'm just going to pack up the Ragtags ones then head off to school."
"Not walking with Rhyki?" His mum turned wide eyes to lock with his.
"No. She text me and said she's walking with Bakugou this morning. It's fine though, I'll just put my earphones in and just listening to some music on my way." He replied as he put the other bentos into his backpack. He had decided on the bigger bag, as it would be easier to carry everything.
"Fair enough. I'll let you get going, as I need to go and get ready. I'll see you at U.A."

"Sure mum. Love you." He leaned over and kissed her cheek.
"I love you too my sunshine." She kissed him back, before disappearing upstairs. Izuku made sure that he had everything, including his books needed for the day, and headed off. Shrugging into his new leather jacket, combat boots tied military tight, slung his bag over one shoulder as it wasn't heavy to him, he put on a plain black mask, checked he had his ID in his pocket before glancing up the stairs.
"I'm heading off mum. See you soon." He called.
"Bye sunshine. Be careful!" She hollered back. Izuku chuckled and plugged in his earphones. Looping them under his shirt before putting them in, he shut the door behind him while scrolling through a playlist. He quickly settled on a heavy one and cranked the volume up.

The heavy instrumental blared into his eardrums, making him happy. Shoving his hands into his jacket pockets, he began the short walk to U.A. Due to his long legs, it didn't take too long, considering he found himself walking at times to the beat of the song playing. About ten minutes later, he approached the school, and noticed the abundance of media outside, trying to snag anyone to talk to them. He noticed the Ragtags waiting safely beyond the protective barrier. Izuku grumbled under his breath, he hated the media. They spun the truth into whatever they wanted, majority of it lies, and many believed it. As his group noticed him, he was gifted with a blinding smile from Eiji, as well as an enthusiastic wave and grin from Kaminari, just as a hand landed on his shoulder. He whirled around, grabbing the offending appendage, and squeezed slightly. He yanked an earbud out, as his eyes narrowed at the news reporter. He heard everyone behind him go quiet. He vaguely heard Aizawa demanding to know what was going on.