Chapter 46 - Izuku.

Izuku cuddled up with Eiji while they watched the next two matches. Nothing much really happened. The Ragtags had a good giggle at Iida being used as nothing more than a walking advertising board for the support student who had gotten through with her gear, which his creator side had been rather quite impressed by. The second didn't last long at all as Todoroki decided that the place needed a giant wall of jagged ice to defeat Sero. What kind of illogical move was that? Did he have no regard as to who was sitting behind it? He could tell that the two-toned male was not in the best of moods, judging by the dark look on his face. Izuku moved Eiji and decided to go and have a chat, just as it was announced that Iida was leaving the festival due to a family emergency.
"Where are you going babe?" Eiji asked.

"To have a chat with Todoroki as something isn't adding up to me. Win in your next match and just use one." He stared pointedly, knowing his man would get it. Only he, Nezu and All Might knew that Eiji now had OFA. It had happened a week ago, and they'd been training in private with it. Didn't mean he wanted his male to get stupidly injured with it. Not until he had a much better handle and control on it, considering it was a ridiculously strong quirk. The red head hadn't accepted at first, until All Might have filled Izuku in about it all – including the fact he very well would have to go against the infamous AFO – who Izuku had heard of before, which surprised them both. All Might had gotten quite the awakening when he'd finished explaining everything when Izuku had sat there in complete silence, glaring, causing shivers to run down the pro's spine from the bitterness.

He had informed him, in no uncertain terms on bluntness, that Eiji would not be risking his life to go against the man who he had barely managed to defeat in the first place. It wasn't happening. If they didn't like that, then tough shit and the man would have to find another successor. Simple as that. Izuku would never risk his man's life, not for anyone or anything. Because of all the training Eiji had already done to get into physical condition so far, he hadn't needed to train more to allow OFA to meld with his body. Didn't mean they wouldn't stop training it though. Slow, but sure steps.
"I promise." Eiji said and kissed his cheek.
"Good. I'd wish you luck, but you don't need it. Love you."

"Thanks babe. I love you too." Izuku got up and left. Wandering down corridors, two minutes later, he found Todoroki grumbling to himself as he watched Endeavour turn a corner.
"Everything alright?" He asked, getting two different coloured eyes to snap up.
"I'll be fine."
"Not what I'm asking. I saw the flaming trash leave. Did he say anything to you?"
"Nothing unusual for what he usually says. Why are you back here anyway? I thought you'd be sitting with your boyfriend?"
"I was sitting with Eiji. But after your match with Sero, something didn't seem right, so I came to talk. If you wanted to that is." He shrugged. It wasn't much of a hardship for him if he did or not.
"Why?"

"Why not? Sometimes it helps to have someone to vent to. Look, Todoroki, I know we haven't exactly gotten off on the right foot or whatever so far, considering all the shit that's happened so far, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be a shit person and let you mentally combust. Plus, you haven't done or said anything towards me or Rhyki, so I have no problems with you."
"There is that I guess."
"So, vent. What is said between us, stays that way." He leaned against the wall, and patiently waited. He could see the way that Todoroki was mentally guessing if he should or not. The male then let out a sigh, and flopped back into the wall opposite him, arms hanging limp at his sides. As Izuku looked at him, he could see just how mentally, as well as physically tired he was.
"Have you ever heard of quirk marriages?" Ok, that wasn't what he expected, but ok. At least he was willing to talk to him, instead of brushing him off. But Izuku had a feeling that the teen really needed someone to talk to about everything.

"I have actually. They're used to be the way high born families combined for power, status, or to get the 'perfect quirked baby', amongst other political type shit back in the day. They're illegal now though and have been for about fifty odd years. What about it?"
"Father used his status and money to, shall we say, purchase, mother from her family for the strong ice quirk that she has, in the hopes of creating the 'ultimate offspring' with what he hoped would be a combined force of their quirks purely in the sole purpose of surpassing All Might himself."
"Jesus Christ." He mumbled. Was that truly the only way Endeavour was able to get a wife, by buying them like cattle? What the actual fuck?