1.6| first fall of snow

"Hey um—Alexand—Bl—uh" Harry stammered awkwardly Calling out for Alex before she could go back to the castle after the game. Most people have already left.

"What, Potter?" She asked.

"Um—" he said and rubbed his neck awkwardly. 

"What? C'mon spit it out" She said, rolling her eyes at him. "I don't have all night Potter, you know. I'm pretty tired from today's game an—"

"Thanks" he said, making her stop mid sentence.

"For what?" 

"For saving me back there of course" he said, walking closer to her. 

"It's alright" she said and started walking back to the castle once again. Harry jogged up to her, keeping up to her steps, his back to the castle he faced Alex, walking backwards. "Something else you need to thank me for?" She said, her arms folded in front of her chest. 

"Um no—nothing" he shrugged. "Can I ask you a question?" He asked after a few moments. She rolled her eyes, but nodded. 

"Why do you hate me so much?" he asked. She looked over at him and stared at him for a while. There was a stinging silence. After a long pause Alex finally spoke up.

"I don't" she said and Harry snorted. She shot him a glare. 

"Alright, but except the fact that I bought all the sweets from the trolly, which you did get your Revenge for by putting my Potions essay on fire" 

"Hey!" She exclaimed. "I didn't mean to! You know that. I didn—"

"The same way I didn't know about the sweets" he said, and she shook her head and sighed.

"Alright, fine, I forgive you for that" she said. 

"I didn't apologize for it though" he grinned. She narrowed her eyes at him, biting back a smile. "Alright, fine" he smiled. "I'm sorry for buying all the sweets from the trolly"

"Apology accepted" she said. "Anything else?" 

"No" he smiled. "Nothing"

"Then why are you still walking with me then?" 

"Can I not?"

"No" she said and looked over to him, he looked a little taken back. "Okay you can." They walked in comfortable silence for a while.

"Also" Alex spoke up. "You stole my best friend from me" She said, wiping the sweat from her forehead. It really was a long walk.

"Ron?" 

"Of course Ron!"

"Hey I didn't steal him from you!" Harry said in his defense. 

"Yes you did!" She said. "He spends way more time with you. Ever since the start of the term, we haven't even talked much. All he does is stay with you. It's like he forgot that I'm also his friend!" She said, hurt clearly present in her voice.

"Or maybe?" Harry suggested. "You've stopped spending time with him because he's usually with me" He said, raising his eyebrows. She looked at him, her face looked angry but her eyes had a look of realisation in them. "Remember the times when Ron called you over to sit with us but you didn't?" 

She didn't say anything for a while, which scared Harry. What if out of nowhere she decides to just hex him—god knows what things she could even do. But thankfully she didn't. Instead she asked him, "well then, why do you dislike me so much?"

"I don't" 

"Oh c'mon, are you sure you aren't jealous cuz I'm better than you at potions" she smirked, making him scoff.