4.3| lost in the woods

4.3|lost in the woods 

"What are you doing here?" Hermione asked. 

"Um, there is sort of a rampage going on?" She said, gesturing with her hands towards the noises and the screams, a little perplexed by the weird question. She has been wandering the dense forest for what seemed like an eternity. Her father had told her to go to the woods and stay there, she didn't quite understand why. But after fifteen something minutes she could hear attacks and noises and explosions. So she decided it was best to stay there. Although the woods weren't welcoming either— they had a weird vibes to them. "Where's Alex?" She asked wondering why the one fourth of their trouble making, chaos causing quartet was. After all she loved Quidditch almost as much as she loved chocolates, and her not being at the Quidditch World Cup was bizarre. The three Gryffindors exchanged glances with each other.

"She got lost" Ron said. "We're trying to find her"

“Wait— what!” Galexia asked, eyes wide in shock. “How— when—”

“We don't really have time to answer your Questions right now Galexia—” Harry started, his tone dripping with annoyance and worry as his eyes darted around to find any sight— anything of Alex. 

“I'll help” she offered. Hermione looked like she would argue but before she could Harry had already accepted the offer, not wanting to waste time watching Hermione bicker with the Hufflepuff girl who she had grown to dislike for no apparent reason since third year's Divination lessons.

“Alright fine— but we need to be quick’’

A rustling noise nearby made all four of them jump. Winky, Barty Crouch's house-elf was fighting her way out of a clump of bushes nearby. She was moving in a most peculiar fashion, apparently with great difficulty; it was as though someone invisible were trying to hold her back. They saw during the Quidditch Cup, she was saving a seat for Barty Crouch. 

“There is bad wizards about!” she squeaked distractedly as she leaned forward and labored to keep running. “People high—high in the air! Winky is getting out of the way!” And she disappeared into the trees on the other side of the path, panting and squeaking as she fought the force that was restraining her. 

“What’s up with her?” said Ron, looking curiously after Winky. 

“Why can’t she run properly?” 

“Bet she didn’t ask permission to hide" said Harry. He was thinking of Dobby: Every time he had tried to do something the Malfoys wouldn’t like, the house-elf had been forced to start beating himself up.

Another loud bang echoed from the edge of the wood. 

"Let's keep looking—we need to keep looking" Harry said and started moving forward. 

They followed the dark path deeper into the wood, still calling out for Alex. They passed a group of goblins who were cackling over a sack of gold that they had undoubtedly won betting on the match, and who seemed quite unperturbed by the trouble at the campsite. Farther still along the path, they walked into a patch of silvery light, and when they looked through the trees, they saw three tall and beautiful veela standing in a clearing, surrounded by a gaggle of young wizards, all of whom were talking very loudly.

“I pull down about a hundred sacks of Galleons a year!” one of them shouted. “I’m a dragon killer for the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures"

“No, you’re not!” yelled his friend. “You’re a dishwasher at the Leaky Cauldron—but I’m a vampire hunter, I’ve killed about ninety so far!"

Harry was too busy and worried about Alex (and his wand) to be mesmerised by the Veela at the time—but Ron’s face had gone oddly slack, and the next second Ron was yelling, “Did I tell you I’ve invented a broomstick that’ll reach Jupiter?”