∆PROLOUGE∆

Sweet tea in the summer
Cross your heart, won't tell no other
And though I can't recall your face
I still got love for you
Your braids make a pattern
Love you to the Moon and to Saturn
Passed down like folk songs
The love lasts so long

Sweet tea in the summerCross your heart, won't tell no otherAnd though I can't recall your faceI still got love for youYour braids make a patternLove you to the Moon and to SaturnPassed down like folk songsThe love lasts so long

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.

the dreadful night of 31st October

◆◆◆◆◆

           Yumi sat Alex down in the crib, as the little girl giggled. She never would've thought that she would become a mother at such a young age. Specially during a war. When Voldemort is trying to hunt down Harry and Alex. And she really doesn't want these children to grow up without parents, like she did. She looked at the sparkling gray eyes of her daughter. Just like her dad's. She still couldn't believe that she has a child with Sirius Black. The boy she loathed until 5th year. But she wouldn't change a thing, she loved him with her whole heart and she always will.

Ever since the first year, she has been am exceptionally bright student. The reason she wasn't really famous like the marauders was that she usually kept to herself. She didn't even have any friends until 5th year. It wasn't that she never wanted any or couldn't make any, most Slytherin's sucked from her year and other houses didn't want to befriend a Slytherin. She had no one in her life, her mother died during childbirth and her single father raised her. Though she grew up extraordinarily rich, being from one of the most pure blooded, famous and wealthy family in the wizarding world—and practically being treated like royalty in the wizarding world—she certainly had a huge amount of fortune in her gringotts account which could go on for generations and generations, and it all belonged to her as there was no heir left of the prestigious family except her. Even though their family was one of the most noble and wealthy, they were also a mystery. Their legacies died out slowly generation by generation until she was the only one left, and she doesn't believe she'll live longer either, she has a hunch— she won't survive the war.

Yumi never really saw her mother as she died a little while after giving birth to her. Her father never re-married until his last breath. He alone raised her into the woman she is now. She remembers sitting next to his when he was in his death bed—sick from some muggle disease. Just a week before her seventh year he passed away.

"Mumma!" The little girl chanted trying to get her mother's attention. She picked her up. She still remembers the day Alex was born— the first of August, the warm summer morning. The night before her birth, she swore the stars shone in a very peculiarly dazzling way. Something She couldn't quite get out of her mind. It's almost as if they were speaking to her, slow and steady whispers, maybe comforting words, maybe warning or perhaps even blessings. She wasn't sure if it was even real or not—maybe she was hallucinating. She didn't know, she was too busy in trying to get the godforsaken baby out of her. But she remembers the precise grey of her daughter's eyes matched so well with the early morning moon dazzled in black velvet of sky and a pink-ish glow taking over.

"Al" she said smiling and taking the toy snitch from a toy set of quidditch supplies that her father had given her. "We don't put it in our mouth okay" she said taking it out of her mouth. She had a weird feel, a gut feeling. Something bad was going to happen. And it scared her, she tried to distract herself from it. She heard footsteps approaching the room, with each footsteps her heart began to beat faster. She sat Alex down inside the crib. The room of the door barged open as a panting Lily came inside, Harry in her arms.

"Lily" Yumi said, as the redhead sat Harry inside the crib to play with Alex. "What happened?"

"He's here" Lily said locking the door, as tears begin to fill up her eyes. "Voldemort—Yumi what are you doing!—" she said as Yumi unlocked the door and started going outside.

"Lily take the kids and run— I'll handle him—it'll give you some time. Go!" She said and closed the door behind her.

"Yumi no—" she said but she wasn't listening. Lily closed the door and wiped her tears. Bending down to the Cribs level she looked the two infants in the eyes. Her stomach did a flip when she heard a body hit the floor. Her husband—the love of her life—James Potter was dead.

"Alex, Harry" she said catching the toddlers attention. "The two of you are so loved. Mummy loves you dadda loves you. Take care. Harry take care of Alex" she said. Even though they didn't knew what she meant or what was going to happen they were looking at her like they understood each and every word she said. She turned her attention to the grey eyed girl now. "Alex, we all love you, I love you, prongs loves you mamma and dadda loves you. take care of Harry for me" she said. She kissed their foreheads and take a look at them one last time. While outside the door things that were happening were not so loving.

A million thoughts rushed through her mind—how was she supposed to fight Voldemort without a wand? She knows one thing that she won't survive. She doesn't know what she'll do—she just needed to stop Voldemort for a while to buy Lily some time. Her breath hitched when she heard footsteps approach the top of the stairs where she was standing, soon he came into view. His pale complexion gleaming, his lips were curved into a little smirk.

"Ah— Yumi Mae, Stand aside, I'm giving you a choice. I'll separate you if you will let me kill them" the dark lord hissed at her. She stood protectively infront of the door, daring to look him straight in the eyes.

"Never!" She spat. "Over my dead body!"

"Alright then. As you wish" he said running a finger through his wand "AVADA KEDAVARA" he hissed. Another dead body fell on the ground. He kicked her body away with his foot.

Just as Lily turned the door blasted off to reveal voldemort. Standing there tall as moonlight hit his face. "Please not Alex and Harry please have mercy please" she said standing in front of the two toddlers protectively. He offered her the same option to stand aside and let him kill the infant children. Her answer was also the same that she would rather die for them than see them getting killed. And his reaction was the same. the exact same.

"AVADA KEDAVARA"

A/N: hey guys!! Thanks for reading my fanfic, I hope that you like it? 🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏻‍♀️