2.3| gotta get back to hogwarts

2.3| gotta get back to Hogwarts

The summer ended too quickly for anyone's liking. Soon came the day they were going back to Hogwarts. Alex sat on the floor of her room, backing her trunk. She couldve easily packed it earlier, but of course Alex being Alex, procastinated until the very last moment. Emptying her school books from her tote bag, to put them inside her trunk. She found a leather diary, the corners gold edges in the corner, it looked old yet very fascinating. She opened it and it was blank inside. A name in gold shinned on the bottom of it; TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE.

Tom Marvolo Riddle? Alex thought. She has never heard the name. She doesn't remember buying it either. She shrugged. Thinking of looking into it later on, she kept it inside her trunk. Shaking her head, she continued her packing.

_

"Oh Alex dear there you are!" Mrs Weasley said as Alex stepped inside the burrow. The Weasleys and Harry have been waiting for her so that they could leave. They were already running pretty late. "Did you have breakfast?" She asked and Alex nodded.

Mr. Weasley has enchanted the Ford Angila, so that 9 people could fit in it. The boys sat on the back, whilst Alex sat with Mrs Weasley and Ginny on the front. Mr Weasley kept checking his watch, glancing at it.

"Molly dear—" he started but Mrs Weasley cut him off.

"Absolutely no Arthur"

“No one would see—this little button here is an Invisibility Booster I installed—that’d get us up in the air—then we fly above the clouds. We’d be there in ten minutes and no one would be any the wiser—”

"I said no, Arthur, not in broad daylight —”

Mr Weasley sighed and kept driving to kings cross. When they reached there it was already 10:45. Hurrying past the muggles they reached platform 9 and 10.

“Percy first” said Mrs. Weasley, looking nervously at the clock overhead, which showed they had only five minutes to disappear casually through the barrier. Percy strode briskly forward and vanished. Mr. Weasley went next; Fred and George followed.

“I’ll take Ginny and you three come right after us” Mrs. Weasley told them, grabbing Ginny’s hand and setting off. In the blink of an eye they were gone. The three of them looked at each other.

"You two should go together" Alex said. "I'll be right behind you" the two of them nodded. Both of them bent low over the handles of their trolleys and walked purposefully toward the barrier, gathering speed. A few feet away from it, they broke into a run and; CRASH

instead of going through the barrier, they crashed right into it. Ron’s trunk fell off with a loud thump, Harry was knocked off his feet, and Hedwig’s cage bounced onto the shiny floor, and she rolled away, shrieking indignantly; people all around them stared and a guard nearby yelled, “What in blazes d’you think you’re doing?”

"They lost control of their trolly!" Alex said, helping Hedwig back inside her cage and helping the boys to their feet. "What happened!" She asked in a whisper. "Why can't you two get through?"

“We’re going to miss the train,” Ron whispered, looking at the clock. It striked eleven. “I don’t understand why the gateway’s sealed itself" Alex tried to get through too, but she couldn't either.

“It’s gone” said Ron, sounding stunned. “The train’s left. What if Mum and Dad can’t get back through to us? Have you got any Muggle money?” Alex shook her head.

"The Dursleys haven't given me pocket money for about six years" Harry said. "Maybe we can get back to the car?" He said and Alex's eyes sparkled with an idea.