1.7| nicolas flamel is older than the bubonic plague

Alex took a seat beside Cepheus under a tree near the black lake. 

"Cepheus" she groaned. 

"What?"

"I'm terribly bored" she said and he sighed and closed his book. She smiled.

"Well then do you wanna know something?" He asked, closing his book. She nodded. "Do you know who's refereeing this quidditch match against for Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff?" 

"No?"

"Snape"

"What!"

"Yup"

"He can't referee, I mean can he?" Alex said looking at him, he shrugged. Then she realised that if Snape's referring then Harry isn't safe in their next match. She was about to go up but she saw Harry himself running in her direction. She thought he must be coming to warn her about Snape. 

"Um hello" he panted as he reached the two of them. "I need to borrow her for a moment. thanks" he said and dragged Alex towards the other direction. Cepheus nodded in bewilderment. She hasn't talked with her three fellow Gryffindors ever since Christmas Break. She wouldn't say she that she was ignoring them, but it seemed like she was.

Before Alex could even protest, he was already dragging her towards the Library. 

"What happened?" 

"Nicolas Flamel" 

"What?''

"Nicolas Flamel!" he shouted. 

"I got that!" she shouted back. "But what about Nicolas Flamel?"

"Hermione knows something," he said as entered the library.

"And where is she?" Alex asked and Harry looked around, out of breath from running. Alex rolled her eyes. 

"Come on let's look around" she said and held his hand, dragging him through the library.

Finally after looking through various rows of bookshelves, they found Hermione and Ron. She was flipping through a large book. Ron looked as confused as they were. They took seats and Ron looked at them.

"So what's goin—" Harry started but Hermione shushed him down and he sat awkwardly. 

"Here, found it" Hermione said. "Nicolas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone"

"The what?—"

Hermione sighed and rolled her eyes. She pushed the book in their direction and guided them to a paragraph.

The ancient study of alchemy is concerned with making the Philosopher’s Stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The Stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal. There have been many reports of the Philosopher’s Stone over the centuries, but the only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicolas Flamel, the noted alchemist and opera lover. Mr. Flamel, who celebrated his six hundred and sixty-fifth birthday last year, enjoys a quiet life in Devon with his wife, Perenelle (six hundred and fifty-eight).

"See" Hermione said.

"So that's what the dog is guarding, the philosopher's stone. That's what Snape's after!" Alex exclaimed.

_

"Hey" Harry said and took a seat beside Alex in the Gryffindor common room. The fire cackled beside her chair. People were chatting around them, of course the Gryffindor common room could never be quiet.