1.9| the queen the knight, the bishop and the castle

1.9| the queen, the knight, the bishop and the castle

"Have you been getting enough sleep?" Alex asked Harry, as the four of them (Hermione, Ron, Harry and Her) sat under a tree. The day their exams ended has finally crept by. But Harry still looked worried, as if he has to give exams everyday for the rest of his life.

"Oh it must be because of the exam stress! I haven't got enough sleep for seven weeks but atleast it was worth in the end" Hermione said. Alex looked at Harry skeptically.

"Is it the scar? It still hurts?" she asked, and he nodded. She lifted his messy jet black hair up to take a look at it. Nothing, it was normal, she caressed it with her finger.

"Does it hurts when I touch the scar?" She asked.

"No" he replied. He sounded like he was in a lot of pain. Alex sighed. "It hurts out of nowhere"

"Maybe Madam Pomfrey can help?" Ron suggested. Harry shook his head.

"I'm not ill"

"What about the dreams? Are they still frequent?" Alex asked, Harry nodded. He had been having dreams about Voldemort returning. Maybe they were just nightmares but no one else out of the four have them.

"I—" he started. "I feel like there is something we've missed, something we forgot to do"

"In the exams?—" Hermione started but Harry cut her off.

"No—I mean about the stone"

"Harry" Hermione said. "The stone is safe, you are safe as long as Dumbledore's around" Hermione said.

"Wait a minute" Alex said, looking at Hagrid's hut. "Oh my goodness—"

"What happened?—" but before that Alex was already on her feet, a bewildered expression on her face. She looked at Harry.

"The egg—the—one so gave him—fluffy—in the pub—" Alex's mind was spinning, her words weren't coming out right, but Harry understood what she was saying. That's it. That's what they forgot.

"We need to go to Hagrid's right now" Harry said jumping to his feet. And they ran towards his hut.

"But I don't understand why?" Hermione asked.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd" said Harry, scrambling up the grassy
slope, "that what Hagrid wants more than anything else is a dragon, and a
stranger turns up who just happens to have an egg in his pocket? How many
people wander around with dragon eggs if it's against wizard law? Lucky
they found Hagrid, don't you think? Why didn't I see it before?"

"What are you talking about?" said Ron, but Harry, sprinting across the grounds toward the forest, didn't answer. Hagrid was sitting in an armchair outside his house; his trousers and sleeves were rolled up, and he was shelling peas into a large bowl.

"Hullo" he said, smiling. "Finished yer exams? Got time fer a drink?"

"No thanks" Alex said before Ron could agree. "We're in a hurry"

"You know that night you won Norberta? What did the stranger you were playing cardswith look like?"

"Dunno" Hagrid said. "He wouldn't take his cloak off"

"What else did you tell him?" Alex asked.

"He asked what I did, an' I told him I was gamekeeper here... He asked a bit about the sorta creatures I look after... so I told him ....an' I said what I'd always really wanted was a dragon... an' then .... I can' remember too well, 'cause he kept buyin' me drinks.... Let's see... yeah, then he said he had the dragon egg an' we could play cards fer it if I wanted .... but he had ter be sure I could handle it, he didn' want it ter go ter any old home.... So I told him, after Fluffy, a dragon would be easy"