2.5| draco and his broken nose

After double herbology with Hufflepuff they had DADA with Slytherin. Alex took a seat besides Cepheus and sighed.

"What?" He asked.

"Lockhart" Alex groaned. He stopped her And Harry before class to tell them about 'fame' and how it shouldn't get to their head and they shouldn't have flown the car to Hogwarts for the front page. Rolling her eyes, she walked away from him, even though he as still speaking. Harry followed her too. While he stood there watching the two second years walk away, too shocked to continue his life story.

The doors of the classroom banged open and he entered the room. "Let me introduce you to your new, defence against the dark arts teacher...me! Gilderoy Lockhart! Order of Merlin! Third class" he said, getting down the stairs of his office, which was all covered in his portraits. "Honorary member of the Dark force Defence League. Five times winner of witch weekly's most charming smile award!" He exclaimed. Alex rolled her eyes, while Cepheus tried not to laugh at him. "Thought we'd start with a quiz. Nothing much to worry about, just to make sure how much you've taken in, how much you've learned" he said, his paper white teeth sparkling as he gave his usual grin. He passed the quiz papers to them all. "You have 30 minutes"

Alex began reading the paper. After reading it she looked over to Cepheus, bewildered. He looked at her with the same expression.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Cepheus whispered to Alex.

"Have you read any of his books?" She asked and he shook his head. "Well" she shrugged and started marking random answers, Cepheus did the same and they submitted their quizzes.

"Hardly any of you remember my favourite color is lilac" he said, clicking his tongue. "You need to read a year with yeti more often. And a few of you need to read Wanderings with Werewolves more carefully—I clearly state in chapter twelve that my ideal birthday gift would be harmony between all magic and nonmagic peoples—though I wouldn’t say no to a large bottle of Ogdeds Old Firewhisky!” he said. "But Miss Granger has scored full marks in this test" he said and grinned. "Now where is Miss Granger?" He asked and Hermione raised her hand, a deep blush on her cheeks. "Excellent! Ten points to you. Now to the business—" he said standing up on his seat, some item covered with cloak was in his hands.

“Now — be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizard kind! You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. All I ask is that you remain calm. “I must ask you not to scream, as it might provoke them" he said and whipped the cover off. “Yes” he said dramatically. “Freshly caught Cornish pixies” he said and either half of the class was in disbelief or couldn't control their laughs. “Right, then” Lockhart said loudly. “Let’s see what you make of them!” And he opened the cage.

It was pandemonium. The pixies shot in every direction like rockets. Two of them seized Neville by the ears and lifted him into the air. Several shot straight through the window, showering the back row with broken glass. The rest proceeded to wreck the classroom more effectively than a rampaging rhino. They grabbed ink bottles and sprayed the class with them, shredded books and papers, tore pictures from the walls, up-ended the waste basket, grabbed bags and books and threw them out of the smashed window; within minutes, half the class was sheltering under desks and Neville was swinging from the iron chandelier in the ceiling.

“Come on now, round them up, round them up, they’re only pixies” Lockhart shouted.

He rolled up his sleeves, brandished his wand, and bellowed, “Peskipiksi Pesternomi!” It had absolutely no effect; one of the pixies seized his wand and threw it out of the window, too. Lockhart gulped and dived under his own desk, narrowly avoiding being squashed by Neville, who fell a second later as the chandelier gave way. The bell rang and there was a mad rush toward the exit. In the relative calm that followed, Lockhart straightened up, caught sight of Harry, Alex, Cepheus, Hermione and Ron. Stopping the five of them he said, "Well, I’ll ask you children to just nip the rest of them back into their cage" He swept past them and shut the door quickly behind him.