4.17| defamation and diatribes

       As they entered March the weather became drier, but cruel winds skinned their hands and faces every time they went out onto the grounds. There were delays in the post because the owls kept being blown off course.

"Sirius asked about the next Hogsmeade trip" Harry told Alex quitely as they made their way to the Great Hall on Friday. The brown owl that Harry had sent to Sirius with the dates of the Hogsmeade weekend turned up at breakfast on Friday morning with half its feathers sticking up the wrong way; Harry had no sooner torn off Sirius’s reply than it took flight, clearly afraid it was going to be sent outside again.

"What does it say?" Alex asked, Peering over his shoulder to read the letter.

Be at stile at the end of the road out of Hogsmeade (past Dervish and Banges) at two o’clock on Saturday afternoon. Bring as much food as you can.

“He hasn’t come back to Hogsmeade?” said Ron incredulously.

“It looks like it, doesn’t it?” said Hermione.

“I can’t believe him" said Harry tensely, “if he’s caught"

“Made it so far, though, hasn’t he?” said Alex. “And it’s not like the place is swarming with dementors anymore"

With that they approached the final lesson of the day much more cheerfully. Throughout their journey to the Dungeons— Alex could see some girls giving her glares and sneering as she passed by, but she didn't pay heed to it. Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle were standing in a huddle outside the classroom door with Pansy Parkinson’s gang of Slytherin girls. Pansy’s pug-like face peered excitedly around Goyle’s broad back as Harry, Ron, Alex and Hermione approached. “There they are, there they are!” she giggled, and the knot of Slytherins broke apart. Pansy had a Witch Weekly magazine in her hand.

“You might find something to interest you in there, Black!” Pansy said loudly, and she threw the magazine at Alex, who caught it with ease. At that moment, the dungeon door opened, and Snape beckoned them all inside. Hermione, Alex, Harry, and Ron headed for a table at the back of the dungeon as usual. Once Snape had turned his back on them to write up the ingredients of today’s potion on the blackboard, Alex started rifling through the pages hastily until she reached the middle where she stopped quickly. There was a heart shaped picture of her and Harry in the middle from the day of the wand weighing when they gave their first interview with her—a moving picture clicked unbeknownst to them when Alex had placed her head on Harry's shoulder to hide her laughter at something Ludo Bagman had said as Harry blushed madly. And below it was a photo of Cedric, labelled as 'Hogwarts' Sweetheart—Cedric Diggory'.

THE SECRET HEARTACHE OF HARRY POTTER

A boy like no other, perhaps — yet a boy suffering all the usual pangs of adolescence, writes Rita Skeeter. Deprived of love since the tragic demise of his parents, fourteen-year-old Harry Potter thought he had found solace in his steady girlfriend the famous Alexandria Black— someone who had shared his loss and trauma. Little did he know that he would shortly be suffering yet another emotional blow in a life already littered with personal loss.

Alexandria Black seemed to like the taste of popularity, even after being so well known all around the Wizarding World she still wants the famous Wizards' attention. Ever since the start of the Triwizard Tournament, she has been toying with both her fellow Hogwarts Champions— Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory. Diggory, who is openly smitten with the devious Alexandria, had been dating her for quite some time. He feels that they are "made for each other" and that “he never felt this way about any other girl''