4.9| interview in a broom cupboard

"C'mon" Alex said, eating one of the two toasts that Hermione had brought her, saving the other toast for Harry. She wanted to stay inside her dorm forever until the tournament ended, but that wasn't possible. Since last night, she hasn't bothered to even leave the dorm, but she needed to tell Hermione and Ron about it. And she can't do it alone. And she has to check on Harry too.

"Where?" Hermione asked, as they went down the stairs. The moment she appeared, the people who had already finished breakfast broke into applause again. Ignoring them all, she climbed up the stairs to the boys' dormitories. When she and Hermione went in, Harry was already dressed, about to go downstairs. But Ron was nowhere to be found. 

"Where's Ron?" Alex asked, handing Harry the toast.

"I dunno" he said and took the toast. Alex looked at Hermione, who just shrugged.  "Thanks"

"How d'you not know where he is?"

"He believes we put our name in the goblet" he said, taking a large bite of the toast. 

"What!"

"I saw him at breakfast" Hermione spoke up, finally. 

“Does he still think we entered ourself?” 

“Well, no, I don’t think so, not really" said Hermione awkwardly. 

“What’s that supposed to mean, ‘not really’?” Harry asked, clearly annoyed.

“Oh Harry, isn’t it obvious?” Hermione said despairingly. “He’s jealous!”

“Jealous?” Harry said incredulously. “Jealous of what? He wants to make a prat of himself in front of the whole school, does he?” 

“Look" said Hermione patiently, “it’s always the two of you who get all the attention, you know it is. I know it’s not your fault” she added quickly, before Harry could open his mouth to speak. 

"It makes sense" Alex said. Harry gave her a look. "Don't look at me like that" she said, pushing his face away with her hand. "I'm sorry Harry, it's not your mistake, I know but— he has always been the insecure one. He has a lot of expectations at home with so many brothers and we're his bestfriend!—"

"How could you say that? He doesn't even believe us!"

"Harry, he’s always shunted to one side whenever people see you, and he puts up with it, and he never mentions it, but I suppose this is just one time too many" Hermione said.

“Great" said Harry bitterly. “Really great. Tell him from me I’ll swap any time he wants. Tell him from me he’s welcome to it. People gawping at my forehead everywhere I go"

"I know how that feels, Harry—" Alex said. "And I know it's annoying. But you've got to see it from Ron's perspective too—"

"Yeah" Hermione said. "You've got to talk to him—"

“I’m not running around after him trying to make him grow up!” Harry said loudly. “Maybe he’ll believe I’m not enjoying myself once 

I’ve got my neck broken or —” 

“That’s not funny" said Hermione quietly.

"C'mon" Alex said, looking around the dormitory for a quill and parchment. "We need to—"

"give Ron a good kick up the—”

"Write to dad!" Alex said, grabbing him by the shoulders. "We need to tell him what's happening"