3.3| don't be riddikulus

Hermione" said Ron, frowning as he looked over her shoulder, “they’ve messed up your timetable. Look— they’ve got you down for about ten subjects a day. There isn’t enough time"

“I’ll manage. I’ve fixed it all with Professor McGonagall"

“But look" Ron laughed. “see this morning? Nine o’clock, Divination. And underneath, nine o’clock, Muggle Studies. And—” Ron leaned closer to the timetable, disbelieving, “look—underneath that, Arithmancy, nine o’clock. I mean, I know you’re good, Hermione, but no one’s that good. How’re you supposed to be in three classes at once?”

“Don’t be silly” said Hermione shortly. “Of course I won’t be in three classes at once"

“Well then—”

“Pass the marmalade" said Hermione.

“But—”

“Oh, Ron, what’s it to you if my timetable’s a bit full?” Hermione snapped. “I told you, I’ve fixed it all with Professor McGonagall”

"Let's go" Alex said getting up. "Or else we'll miss divination, we have to go all the way to the north tower" she said and the two boys followed her behind.

"There's got to be a shortcut" Ron panted as they climbed up the stairs to the divination class. "I think we're close though" he said listening closely to the murmuring of students coming from somewhere.

"Look!" Alex exclaimed, pointing at the ceiling, where there was a circular trapdoor with a brass plaque on it.

"Sybill Trelawney, Divination teacher" Harry read out loud. “How’re we supposed to get up there?” As though in answer to his question, the trapdoor suddenly opened, and a silvery ladder descended right at their feet.

"Ladies first" Ron grinned. Alex rolled her eyes.

"Oh you know I can't go first!" She said and Ron gave her a puzzled look before he realised.

"Oh" he said, his cheeks turning red. Alex rolled her eyes yet still laughed. "Alright then, come on Harry" he said and the two boys made their way to the top Alex following behind.

She emerged into the strangest-looking classroom she had ever seen, joining the boys. In fact, it didn’t look like a classroom at all, more like a cross between someone’s attic and an old-fashioned tea shop. At least twenty small, circular tables were crammed inside it, all surrounded by chintz armchairs and fat little poufs. Everything was lit with a dim, crimson light; the curtains at the windows were all closed, and the many lamps were draped with dark red scarves. It was stiflingly warm, and the fire that was burning under the crowded mantelpiece was giving off a heavy, sickly sort of perfume as it heated a large copper kettle. The shelves running around the circular walls were crammed with dusty-looking feathers, stubs of candles, many packs of tattered playing cards, countless silvery crystal balls, and a huge array of teacups.

“Where is she?” Ron said.

A voice came suddenly out of the shadows, a soft, misty sort of voice. “Welcome” it said. “How nice to see you in the physical world at last" Professor Trelawney emerged out into the light. “Sit, my children, sit” she said, and they all climbed awkwardly into armchairs or sank onto poufs. The three of them sat together around a circular table.

“Welcome to Divination” said Professor Trelawney, who had seated herself in a winged armchair in front of the fire. “My name is Professor Trelawney. You may not have seen me before. I find that descending too often into the hustle and bustle of the main school clouds my
Inner Eye" Nobody said anything to this extraordinary pronouncement. Professor Trelawney delicately rearranged her shawl and continued, “So you have chosen to study Divination, the most difficult of all magical arts. I must warn you at the outset that if you do not have the Sight, there is very little I will be able to teach you… Books can take you only so far in this field"