3.5| broken bones get you cute boys

The team changed into their scarlet robes and waited for Wood’s usual pre-match pep talk, but it didn’t come. He tried to speak several times, made an odd gulping noise, then shook his head hopelessly and beckoned them to follow him. The wind was so strong that they staggered sideways as they walked out onto the field. If the crowd was cheering, they couldn’t hear it over the fresh rolls of thunder. Rain was splattering over Harry’s glasses. Alex took his glasses off of him.

"Impervius" she muttered and handed them back to him. "It'll repel water"

"Thanks" he smiled. She smiled back.

The Hufflepuffs were approaching from the opposite side of the field, wearing canary-yellow robes. The Captains walked up to each other and shook hands; Diggory smiled at Wood but Wood now looked as though he had lockjaw and merely nodded. Alex saw Madam Hooch’s mouth form the words, “Mount Your brooms" Alex pulled her right foot out of the mud with a squelch and swung it over her Nimbus Two Thousand. Madam Hooch put her whistle to her lips and gave it a blast that sounded shrill and distant— they were off. Getting a hold of the Quaffle Alex flew, but the wind kept pushing her back, and the rain made it harder to see the goal posts. Within some minutes she was completely soaked in water. Her hair which were in a braid, were now sticking to her face.

"Ah!" Alex screamed as someone pulled her to her left by her waist. At the precise moment a bludger had just swished passed her right, if the person hadn't pulled her out of the way it would've hit her straight in the gut. She looked over to who it was. The person was from the opposite team, he looked older than her and taller and bigger, even his hands seemed strong. "thankyou"

"No problem" he smiled and flew away. She looked at him for a few seconds then decided to get back to the game. She did as she was told. She scored as much as she could. She flinched as lightning struck, white little blinding her. She hovered a few feet above the ground, looking up in the sky, trying to get a glimpse of the Quaffle. The stands weren't visible as the rain poured down. She blinked as the water was getting into her eyes, she closed them tightly. Out of a sudden, she felt cold, like she was freezing, a shiver ran down her spine, she tried to open her eye and saw three hooded figures circling around her, her vision went blur. She started hearing voices—

She could hear people screaming, running here and there and fire everwhere, she saw a man, a very familiar man but then the vision changed—

Not Alex and Harry! Please… have mercy” A shrill voice was laughing, a very familiar laugh—a laugh which she has heard before— the woman was screaming. She felt her hand loosen the grip around her Nimbus 2000, coldness engulfed her, slicing through the wind she felt like she was flying until THUMP and CRACK She hit the ground, her whole body ached, she saw a black dog—like the grim— from the corner of her eyes. Then her vision went black.

_

Alex opened her eyes slowly, her eyes adjusted to the surroundings. Her whole body was aching badly. She realised she was in the hospital wing. Her torso and left arm and shoulder were wrapped in bandages, her head felt like it would burst any moment. As much as it pained her, she looked to her left and found Hermione passed out, her head on Ron's shoulder. Ron's head on top of Hermione's. She smiled at the two. On her right she found Harry, his head hanged low as he slept peacefully, his hand holding onto hers. And Cepheus, his head rested on the wall, and his arms folded infront of his chest. At the moment, Madam Pomfrey entered.

"Oh great Miss Black your awake" she said. Alex gestured to her friends on her either side. Madam Pomfrey rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Your friends are very stubborn. I told them to leave but they refused!" she huffed.