3.8| malfoy and his broken nose; part two

At a quarter to eleven, the Gryffindor team set off for the locker rooms. The weather couldn’t have been more different from their match against Hufflepuff. It was a clear, cool day with a very light breeze; there would be no visibility problems this time, and Alex, though nervous, was starting to feel the excitement only a Quidditch match could bring. They could hear the rest of the school moving into the stadium beyond.

“You know what we’ve got to do" Oliver said, as they prepared to leave the locker rooms. “If we lose this match, we’re out of the running, just—just fly like you did in practice yesterday, and we’ll be okay!” They walked out onto the field to tumultuous applause. The Ravenclaw team, dressed in blue, were already standing in the middle of the field. Alex smiled at the ravenclaw seeker—Cho Chang. She smiled back. Cho was a year older than Alex and was Extremely pretty. Alex knew she was also friends—like genuine good friends—with Cedric.

“Wood, Davies, shake hands" Madam Hooch said briskly, and Wood shook hands with the Ravenclaw Captain. “Mount your brooms, on my whistle… three— two— one—”

“They’re off, and the big excitement this match is the Firebolt that Alexandria Black Harry Potter is flying for Gryffindor. According to Which Broomstick, the Firebolt’s going to be the broom of choice for the national teams at this year’s World Championship—”

“Jordan, would you mind telling us what’s going on in the match?” interrupted Professor McGonagall.

“Right you are, Professor— just giving a bit of background information— the Firebolt, incidentally, has a built-in auto-brake and—”

“Jordan!”

"Okay, okay, Gryffindor in possession, Alexandria Black is heading for goal—and in no time she has scored the first goal for Gryffindor!" Lee said and the Gryffindor end of the field went wild. Alex took a hold of the Quaffle once again.

"And Alexandria Black keeps scoring for Gryffindor— balance is really noticeable in firebolt's o—”

“JORDAN! ARE YOU BEING PAID TO ADVERTISE FIREBOLTS? GET ON WITH THE COMMENTARY!”

Alex saw the ravenclaw beater hit a bludger with his bat towards Harry's Direction. Harry was diving down—Cho trailing behind. Alex zoomed towards the other end of the field. Thanks to her firebolt—it was easy. She was even faster than the bludger itself. She flashed past Cho and to Harry, she yanked him towards her just as the bludger passed—it would've struck him right on the head. He stumbled but soon regained his balance.

"The snitch was so close!" Harry said. Alex shook her head.

"Kids these days are so ungrateful" she said, shaking her head.

"Alright" he said. "Thankyou"

"So ungrateful" Alex repeated, still shaking her head, Harry rolled his eyes. From the corner of her eyes she saw Cho look curiously at the pair. "Now go get that snitch, Potter" she said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Or die trying!" She said imitating Oliver, Harry laughed.

"That was really bad"

"Whatever" she said and got a little closer to him. "I could see the snitch near the Ravenclaw goal posts" Alex whispered and Harry looked at the direction and saw something golden glinting in the sunlight. He smiled. "Now go get it Potter, or Oliver would really drown himself in the shower this time—" she said as he laughed again, flying towards the direction, Cho followed behind.

"Alex!" She heard Angelina call out, she looked over and she threw her a quaffle, Alex caught it with ease and sped towards the goal post. Alex heard cheers errupt from all around the stadium, Madam Hooch’s whistle sounded.