3.7| quarreling like cat and mouse

"she wanted the best for you" Cepheus whispered as they scanned the library for books to complete their potions essay. Alex, Ron and Harry haven't been talking to Hermione since the firebolt incident. Cepheus was the only one who talked to Hermione, still.

"I know Ceph, I know" Alex said. "I know that she meant well but I'm still angry okay" she said and Cepheus shook his head. "Let's get back to the essay now"

"Hey Alex!" Oliver exclaimed, ignoring the sharp look Madam Pince shot him.

"Hey Oliver" she smiled. "How was your Christmas break?" She asked.

"It was great, I planned new tricks and tactics for our next match over the break" he said. "And uh—Harry told me about the firebolt"

"Yeah" Alex said gloomily. "Can't you talk to Professor McGonagall about it?" She said and her eyes lit up. "Oh my god! Professor McGonagall would surely listen to you! Tell her how much we need it for the next match, or else Gryffindor would lose the match!"

"I could try..." Oliver said. "Hopefully she'll agree" he said and looked up, with a dreamy expression. "A firebolt, can you imagine, you two would be unstoppable with it—we'd win all our matches" he said and got up, a determined look on his face. "I need to talk to her! I will talk to her as soon as possible" he said and started walking away. "I'll talk to her—we need to have the firebolt—we'll win every ma—" he walked away, mumbling. His voice becoming fainter and fainter as he walked away from the pair.

"A bit Quidditch-Crazy don't you think?" Cepheus asked, staring at Oliver. He looked over to Alex, but she was too busy staring at someone else, with a dreamy, lovestruck look on her face. Her chin rested on her hand. Cepheus furrowed his eyebrows and followed her gaze, noticing a certain Hufflepuff, he nodded in realisation.

"Hey Alex" Hermione said approaching her. "Alex?" She said again. But the girl didn't reply. Hermione looked at Cepheus with a confused expression on her face.

"Alex" Cepheus said. They girl still wasn't listening. "Alex!" Cepheus said snapping his fingers infront of face.

"What!" She said pushing his hands away, a pout on her face. She looked at Hermione standing infront of her and turned her face back to her parchment.

"Hey Alex" Hermione said but Alex ignored her. "Professor Lupin is looking for you" she said and Alex finally listened to her. She collected her things and kept them inside her bag.

"I'll see you later Ceph" she said and grabbed her wand and left. Cepheus looked at Hermione apologetically.

"Sorry Hermione" Cepheus said. "I talked to her but she says she's still angry at you"

_

Alex rushed through the corridors towards Remus' office. She took out her scarf from her bag, and wrapped it around her neck, not quite noticing what color it was. When she reached his office Harry was already sitting there.

"You were looking for me Mo—Remus?" She asked. He nodded.

"Well I have to fulfil the promise that I made" he said. Alex grinned and rushed inside the room. "Also" he said, pointing at her scarf. "Could I ask why you're wearing a Hufflepuff scarf?" Alex blushed wildly, removing the scarf and noticing the Black and Yellow stripes on it, her eyes widened. She quickly stuffed it inside her back.

"Noth—Nothing, I think I swapped my scarf with Galexia's" she said and Harry laughed, and (really, really badly) tried to cover it by pretending to cough when Alex glared at him. Remus looked at him questioningly.