3.1| a small trip to surrey

Alexandria Black didn't care about the rules. She really did not.

And today she was trying to convince her godfather to let her go and meet her bestfriend for his birthday, despite the ministry strictly prohibiting her from going out or having visitors. All thanks to her father dearest, because of whom she has gone through many questionings, some people even accusing her of helping him. But then thank Merlin people came to their senses and realised however powerful of a witch she was—she was only (almost) thirteen.

"Please Remus!" Alex pouted, following Remus from the living room to kitchen. "Just one time!"

"Absolutely not Alex!" Remus said, grabbing himself a glass of water. "You know that the ministry has strictly told you to not go outside" Alex groaned.

"Since when did you start Caring so much about minstry?" She asked. It wasn't her damn fault that her murderer father has somehow escaped and was on loose. She took her usual seat, near where the telephone was placed. That's been her place for most of the summer now. Sitting there and waiting for a certain green eyed boy to call. She used to call him first, but ever since Mr. Dursley picked it up instead of him, she waited for him to call her first. They talked for hours to an end, until Mr Dursley shouted at him.

She sat on the chair, her arms folded infront of her chest, a pout on her face. A black kitten meowed near her foot and she picked it up.

"See Remus kit agrees!" She said holding the small kitten in her arms. It was really small, she could hold him in one hand, it was a deep black color, with piercing green eyes. She found him wandering in their little garden. He has been her only companion along with Harry.

"He does not" he said. "He agrees with me"

The phone rang, making her jump. She grinned and she rushed to it. "I got it!" She said to Remus. "Hello?" She asked.

"Hello" said a voice which Certainly did not belong to Harry. "can I talk to Mr. Lupin?" The grin from her face faded away.

"Yes, just a second" she said and put her hand over the speaker, covering it. "It's for you Remus!" Alex shouted and Remus took the phone from her. She went to her room and sighed. It was Harry's birthday. She wanted to surprise him by turning up at Privet drive. But because of her father she can't even step out of the house. And there was no way Remus would agree. He won't agree to send her to Diagon Alley. There is no way he'd let her travel that far away. Ron had owled her all about his trip to Egypt, and Hermione told about her trip to France. Alex and Harry were the only ones who didn't even get to step out of there house, so usually they spent their days Calling each other.

"Alex" He called out for her. She groaned and got up from her bed and went to the living room. She saw him put his coat on.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"I'm leaving for some urgent work. I probably won't be back until very late at night so be safe. Lock the door. Do not go out. And if you use the stove, remember to turn it off and don't answer the door for anyone" he said.

"Yup" she said and he left. The phone rang again. She rushed to it and picked it up.

"Hello?" A familiar Voice said. Alex smiled.

"Potter" she breathed out. "Goodness Potter I've been waiting for such a long time! Happy Birthday!" She said, leaning against the wall.

"Thanks" he said. "What were you doing?"

"Nothing much" she said. "Can't believe those people are making you work on your birthday too"

"If they could, they'll make me work even after I'm dead" he said. "How's kit?"