Fifty Four - We Are The Walking Dead.

It had only been two weeks. Just two weeks since we lost two members of our family. I'd been worried about Luke, he said he was fine, he said he was okay, but I could see the sadness in his eyes.

Carl had become incredibly defensive and protective of me and Judith, we had been out in the open ever since we lost tyreese and any walker that came within a few feet of me Carl would kill.

"A crowd of walkers is forming." Michael muttered, wrapping a arm around Sophie.

"You could take them." Sasha said to Michonne.

"I could, but I don't want to."

"I-I could take them."

"Sasha don't be stupid." Michonne hissed, but Sasha only returned a harsh glare, following behind everyone else.

"Hey Maggie!" Carl yelled, jogging away from me and over to her.

"I found this earlier, I want you to keep it." He handed her the small wooden box, "it doesn't work, but I thought you'd like it."

"Thanks Carl." She half smiled, letting out a excruciatingly long sigh before continuing to walk along side Glenn.

******

"I'm gonna go find some water." My dad stated, trudging away from the rest of the group.

"Want me to come with you?" Carol asked, walking behind him.

"Nah I'm okay."

"Think you can stop me."

"I'm uh...gonna go too..." Luke mumbled, walking in the opposite direction of carol and my dad before anyone even had the chance to stop him.

"Let's rest for a while!" Rick declared, dropping his bag to his feet and sat down on the ground beside Abraham, everybody followed his actions, waiting for nothing.

We needed food and water desperately, but there was nothing we could find, the summer weather had dried up any water there had once been and since we were on the highway there was a low chance of finding any food, unless we went into the forest where carol, my father and brother had gone into.

"Are you scared?" Carl whispered

"Of the walkers? No."

"I wasn't talking about the walkers." Carl sighed "I was talking about me..."

"I'm not going to lie to you, sometimes I used to be. But not anymore. The only fear I have now is losing you or my family."

"I'm not going anywhere." He pressed his forehead against my own, lightly pecking my lips.

"You find anything?" Glenn asked, staring up at my dad and carol.

"Nope, aye is Luke not back yet?" My dad asked

"I'm going to look for him." I spoke up.

"Not without me you're not." Carl stood, taking my hand.

"I'll be fine, you don't have to worry about me." I whispered

"It's hard not to."

"Be back before dark, I don't care how late it is if you're not back soon I'm going to find you, alright?"

"You promised me the same thing at the prison..." I smiled half heartedly.

"And I did didn't I?" He smirked

"You're such a dork." I laughed "I'll be back soon, try not to miss me too much."

"Who are you again?" He giggled