Sixty One - Before The Noise.

Just a quick note before I start I've switched around the actors for Connor and Mark. So instead of Peyton Meyer playing Connor he now plays Mark and instead of Dylan Sprayberry playing Mark he now plays Connor.

-2 years earlier-

"Keep running!"

"I-I can't!" I yelled, "it hurts!"

Mark turned to look behind us at the oncoming horde of dead, he looked between myself and them, before he lifted me into his arms.

He began to run, the group of zombies growing closer and closer by the second and that was when he fell...

His body shielded mine from the pain that was soon to come, I raised my gun from beneath mark and began to aimlessly shoot into the crowd of dead, they stumbled towards us and as one came into our reach, it gripped Mark's shirt but then it stopped.

A spear forced its way into the walkers skull and it came crashing on top of us.

"Run! Now!"

The man continued to kill the infected one after another until all that was left was a pile of bodies and blood.

"You kids are stupid!" The man yelled, throwing his arms towards the sky, "I could've killed you! It's your fault! Just like it was his! I told him not to leave the house...I told him.. I told him..."

"Let's go before this guy tries to kill one of us..."

"No."

"You did tell him, but it wasn't his fault." I spoke, "and it wasn't yours either."

"Go whilst I'm giving you the chance, I have to clear."

"Clear what?"

The man didn't reply but turned his back on us and began to walk away...

"Wait!" Mark said, "Do you have a place to stay?"

"And why would I tell you?"

"Because she's hurt, you see her ankle? It's broken, please... it won't stop bleeding and we're all out of medical supplies and if she dies I don't know how I'll live without her..."

"You can stay the night." He sighed, "but I want you gone by noon tomorrow, you got that boy?"

"Yes sir."

*

*

*

*

*

*

"The antibiotics are in the cabinet up there and you'll find some left over gauze under the sink."

"Thank you." I smiled

"I'm not doing this for you... I'm doing this for Dwayne."

Mark hesitantly glanced up at me as he began to wrap my ankle in gauze, I winced in pain and the man who stood in the door way let out a disgruntled sigh.

"You're doing it all wrong, you're gonna hurt her if you do it like that, move outta the way."

The man shoved Mark to the side and removed the bandage, he placed it back on and wrapped it rather tightly but somehow it didn't hurt, well not as much anyway.

"What are your names?"

"Letisha and Fergus."

I playfully nudged mark whilst simultaneously shaking my head.

"I meant your real names."

"It's Lydia and Mark."

"What happened to your parents?"