Sixty Three - The Teacher and The Student.

"Hand guns would be a little better for your first go. Magazine release. Slide release, Thumb the safety and the chamber, you see it?"

"Yeah."

"If someone's in front of you and they have a gun are you gonna be scared?" Rick questioned as Carl and I stood back.

"You will be." Carl spoke, I sniggered at his attempt of trying to be even remotely scary this caused me to receive a glare from Rick.

"Your body's gonna be tense and you are gonna wanna pull the trigger. If you get it in front of you, like this." Rick demonstrated, "You'll miss and you'll be dead. You gotta get it up to your eye, you have to be strong enough to wait for your moment..."

"Can I try?" Ron questioned, his fingers reaching out for the gun.

Rick handed the object to him and he held it up to his eye, placing his finger on the trigger, I let out a small laugh as I stepped behind him.

"Hey." I said, wrapping my arms around his own, readjusting his grip, "your finger doesn't touch the trigger until you're ready to shoot."

He swallowed and nodded aiming the gun all the while Carl glared daggers into the back of his skull. Carl immediately wrapped a long arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him almost as if he was trying to show Ron I belonged to him.

"You keep this one with you, get a feel of what it's like to carry this one around."

I shrugged Carl's arm off.

"Can I use it? Ya know on the walkers?"

"No." Rick shook his head, "our fences are strong even with all those walkers trying to break them down out there, they're spread out evenly right now. We don't need them all piling up in one place."

"What about target practise in the centre of town the sound would spread out in every direction so they wouldn't all pile up or we could use sound surges or something..." Ron began to mumble, "but uh but we probably don't wanna waste bullets right now... "

"I just wanna learn more." He sighed

"You will."

*

*

*

*

*

*

I held my machete tightly in my right hand, my palms slick with sweat from the pressure of teaching a entire class of people and not to mention every eye watching me as the blazing sun shone down on us.

The class watched intently as Rosita and I stood before them, Jessie, Eugene and a few more Alexandrian's stood out in front of us on the patch of grass, they were all eager to learn or so it seemed.

"You wanna kill a walker? You gotta aim it down at the head you do it any other way and it'll get stuck." Rosita said

"You gotta do it in one fluid motion." I demonstrated as the class watched.

Everybody began to copy my instruction and swung their machetes down towards the floor, but one person in particular wasn't watching... Eugene.

"Hey!" Rosita yelled, hitting her machete against Eugene's

"Excuse me there's people in my proximity with open toed shoes that I could injure."

"Exactly! So get a grip!"

"The noises from the walkers, they're distracting me."

"What? Are you scared by a few little walkers?"