Sixty Five - An Eye For An Eye.

*WARNING: I'd suggest not reading this if you haven't seen last night's (US) or Tonight's (UK) episode.*

-Lydia's POV

"We're coming with you."

"You can't... this is something I have to do for myself."

"Well then let us help you, whatever happened to safety in numbers?"

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if any of you died, I already lost two of the bravest peopke I know tonight, I'm not prepared to lose anyone else." I shook my head, "I just wanted to load up on ammo before I leave, I didn't come to recruit anyone."

"It was Sophie... wasn't it?" Luke stuttered,

"And Michael." I hesitantly nodded. Everybody fell silent.

"This is why I want to go alone, I won't lose anyone else and I need to tell Carl, I promised her I'd tell him."

"Well you can't stop me from coming with you." Connor called after me as I turned to leave. His hand took ahold of the side of my own and he smiled at me, a reassuring smile, one that genuinely made me think that everything might turn out okay. Might.

"I'm coming too." Rachel said

"If she's in, I'm in." Blake added, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Us too." Luke spoke, Dani trailing at his side."Dixon's stick together. "

"Fine but if any of you die I don't want your blood in my hands."

"The answer to that is simple then." Connor smirked turning towards everyone, "Just don't die."

"Yeah I don't think that's as easy as it sounds, but we can do it, right?"

But how wrong could we have been.

*

*

*

*

*

*

"And why exactly are we covering ourselves in walker guts?"

Rachel shivered at the mere thought of it as she watched Connor and Luke slice open the two walkers on the ground from chest to naval. A black thick blood oozed out of their wounds and onto the hardwood floor beneath them.

"Yeah, I'll admit this is profoundly disgusting." Dani agreed

"It masks the smell, we think that's what makes us different from the walkers." I explained, "It seems to work, as long as you stay quiet and don't speak they think you're one of them, Glenn told us about it back at the prison."

"And you're sure this is gonna work?"

"You better hope your asses it does because if it does we're gonna have to fight our way through."

"Well let's hope we don't have to."

Blake tore away strips of cloth from three different bed sheets, so there was enough to go around meanwhile Luke and Connor smeared walker guts across each one.

Everyone wrapped themselves up in the strips of blood sodden fabric before Connor, Luke and I kneeled down in front of the body and hesitantly smeared the blood over our faces.

"Dude I think I'm gonna puke." Blake gagged

"I'm not doing it, what if I catch something? Or worse, get infected?"

"Rachel I promise you won't, you don't have to come if you don't want to okay? But I'm still going with or without you, I have to find him."

"Okay, I'm game, let's do this." She nodded, seeming a lot more confident than before, she knelt down beside me and scooped up a hand full of walker blood which she then smeared over her face and into her hair.