Thirty Four - Don't Know Why?

me,sophie,beth,Luke and dad, stalked towards the golfing club as a small group of walkers, stumbled at the otherside of the field...

Dad signalled us all over to the front entrance, we all ran towards it with our weapons held upwards.

we all got there as my dad viciously pulled on the doors.

'it's locked.' my dad gritted his teeth together and ran round the back followed by everyone else. he got the backdoors open, no problem and let us all inside, then barricaded the doors with a single golfclub...well that's gonna keep us alive.

we walked through, row upon row of dead bodies, some had died from a bullet through the head and...others hung themselves, the dumass's didn't know enough to shoot themselves in the head...

'I'm gonna go find some food, Dad? you comin?' Luke asked

'sure.' my dad replied bluntly

'I'm going to find me a drink.' beth said and pulled her knife from her boot

'you want us to come with you?' Sophie asked

'I'll be fine...' beth called back to us

'we should atleast check all their bags...' i said referring to the atleast a hundred dead body's scattered on ground around us, hugging their survival bags close to them.

'I call this one...' sophie said, grabbing a bag that had some canned tuna and beans ,a magazine, a blanket, a baggy jumper and a golden chain necklace, with a large "M" hanging from it.

'let me guess...M for Michael?'

she nodded slowly and stared at her shoes

'you'll find him.' i placed a hand on her shoulder reassuringly

'thanks.' she smiled and hugged me

'let me choose a bag now.' I said and stepped in between two dead bodies...

one caught my eye...it had a plaid shirt, a handgun , a few cans of mystery...meat, a large black torch,some batteries and a PSPVita

'holy shit! look what I found!' I shouted gaining Sophie's and the walkers that hung from the ceilings attention.

'what?' sophie asked 'mystery meat...it ain't that big of a deal...'

'no a PSPVita!'

'don't these need batteries...'

'already got some.' I said and held up the seven Power cell batteries

'you got lucky.' she smiled, until beth screamed

'BETH!' we both shouted and ran to the storage room, where she left to got to. when we got there, beth stood trembling in my brothers embrace, a walker lay on the floor with when of my dads arrows poking out from it's eye and a smashed wine bottle lay next to it.

'what happened?' I asked

'I walker attacked her, it's dead now...' Luke said, stating the obvious

'no shit sherlock.' Sophie smirked making me, my dad and beth laugh.

'we should check out downstairs...' my dad said

'sounds like a plan.' beth sniffled and led the way down a flight of wooden stairs.

we walked down a narrow corridor and ducked under a grandfather clock that lay propped up, between each side of the wall. we continued further down the corridor until we reached a room, that had Golfing member's outfits and official T-shirts hanging from racks.

Luke grabbed a plain black one and pulled of his blood spattered gray shirt and threw it to the ground, exposing his barechest, which made beth blush like crazy...EW.

Beth grabbed a yellow one and a white cardigan, whilst sophie grabbed a navy blue one and I grabbed a berghaundy one and me,Sophie and beth went to change. we finished changing and walked out to Luke and dad, when suddenly the freaking clock went off and 4 walkers stumbled into the room, Luke stabbed one and was about to get another when, 3 more stumbled through...

we ran into another room, where me, my dad ,Luke and sophie all killed the walkers, but when we looked up, Beth's perfect little white cardigan and lemon yellow shirt, was covered from head to toe in walker blood...she wiped away a single tear then walked into another room, which luckily for beth was a bar...

me and Sophie walked around admiring the pictures on the walls, whilst my dad shot a photo frame, with a picture inside of 6 different men, who I'm guessing ran the golf club at different timesand Luke and beth looked for alcohol...

'I found some peach schnaps.' Luke said and held up a bottle

'thanks.' beth sighed and looked around for a glass.

'who needs a glass...' she shrugged and lifted the bottle upwards to her mouth, but before it even touched her lips, my dad ripped it from her grasp and threw it into the wall.

'YOU WANT YOUR FIRST DRINK! WELL IT AIN'T GONNA BE NO DAMN PEACH SCHNAPS!' he screamed and stormed out through a fire exit door.

'DAD!' Luke shouted after him angrily

sophie ran out after them, to get them to be quiet so they didn't attract any walkers to us...

'I'm sorry beth...' I smiled and hugged her

'it's okay.'

'no it's not, he's been treating you like crap recently for no reason, my dad shouldn't be taking his anger out on you.'

'thanks...' she said before walking out after everyone else