Twenty Eight - A Close One.

I dropped to the ground, shielding Judith from the walker, I heard it drop its knees to the ground, which mean it was about to start eating me...

Judith screamed from underneath me, probably attracting more walkers.

I heard 9 gunshots go off and no more walkers were heard...

I quickly got up and as I did pulled my knife from its holder in case, anymore were there...Carl,Connor and my brother Luke, all stood there, covered in thick brown blood spatter and holding their guns ahead...

sophie quickly ran over and took Judith from my arms, to check if she was okay and didn't say a word to me, guess she was just worried about Judith?

'Lydia...' Carl choked and ran towards me and pulled me into his chest...

'Carl...'I cried

'they almost got you...' he said as tears leaked from his eyes

'you saved me...' I smiled and wiped his tears away

'I wasn't gonna let them hurt you...remember want I promised, I promised I would never let anyone hurt you, even if it meant I got hurt.'

'I don't deserve you...' I said quietly into his chest.

*20 minutes later*

'she's crying in her sleep...' sophie said to me as Lizzie lay with her head on my lap, I slowly moved pieces of her blonde hair off of her forehead, which was covered in sweat...

'I think theres something wrong with her...' Sophie said to me

'theres nothing wrong with her, she's just messed up...' I said and. continued playing with her hair...

'really?' she said 'Cuz the other night she told me she was thinking about, going out to play with her friends, so I said okay, but she wanted me to come, so I went and instead of going Mika or molly she walked straight to the fence and started talking to the walkers...' Sophie explained

'its perfectly normal...all the kids do it so they won't be as scared.' I shrugged

'are you sure? Cuz I think-' she started

'just drop it. Lizzie is perfectly fine the way she is...' I kissed Lizzie's forehead and left the room with sophie...