Thirty Three - Will I Ever Find You Again?

'we should set camp for the night...' Luke said, dropping his rucksack on the ground and pulling out some wire...

'wire?' I asked

'I'm going to tie it around the trees,then find some hubcaps and tie them on too ,so when we're sleeping, if any walkers come by, it'll make noise and wake us up so we can kill em, beth? can you help me?' he explained

'sure' she replied and they walked off into the forest

'I'm gonna catch us some dinner...' my dad said and slung his crossbow over his shoulder ,then walked into the distance...

'gee, what's with Daryl?' sophie asked me

'I don't know, he's been having a rough time since Carol left, soph...I think he might've loved her...'

'me too, and if he didn't love her in that way ,he loved her like a sister.'

'yeah...we should set up our beds' I smiled

'kk'

'I'm sleeping next to Luke.' I smirked

'why not me?' she pouted

'Cuz, if a walker gets through the wire, they'll eat him first, duh!'

'he's your brother!' she said in between laughs

'your right...I'll sleep next to you!' I smirked, once again

'gee thanks, BESTFRIEND!'

'gee, what's it with you and gee?' I asked

'gee, lydia ,why you gotta ask about me and gee?'

'gee, sophie why gotta be so defensive about you and gee?'

'gee, lydia I do-'

'gee, girls why don't you shut up!' my dad laughed as he appeared through the trees ,holding a large snake that he must've caught...

'oh gee! thanks Daryl!' sophie giggled

'one more gee...I'll kick the gee right out of you...' my dad smiled

'GUYS!' Luke shouted and ran towards us, throwing the hubcaps and wire to the ground.

'what's wrong?' I asked

'I can't find beth!' he ran his fingers through his hair

'for fuck sake Luke!' my dad shouted and ran in the direction Luke had came from...

'while he's gone, we should atleast make the camp secure, for when he brings beth back...' sophie picked up the lead of wire and began tying it to a large sturdy tree.

'if he brings beth back...' Luke muttered

'don't you dare talk about beth like that!' I said and pointed my Axe at him.

'whatever...' he rolled his eyes and tied a hubcap to the wire

*2hours later*

'okay...enjoy your snake jerky...' beth said to the boys then got up from her seat and walked towards the forest, sophie was already asleep, typical...

'BETH! wait up!' I called and grabbed my pistol, leaving my Axe behind.

'I don't get what it is with Luke...' she said

'excuse me?'

'one minute, he acts as if he likes me...then he acts as if I don't even exist, why do I even like him so much!'

'hold up.'

'I just admitted to having a crush on your older brother, didn't I?'

'yeah...sort of...'

'I'm so sorry I shouldn't have said any-'

'walkers...' I whispered and pushed her against a tree, with my hand over her mouth...

'how many?' she mouthed and took my hand from her mouth

'atleast 13...' I whispered 'and they're heading our way...'

shit, they were going to eat us alive...

suddenly beth bent down and picked up a rock, I repeated her actions and we both threw the rocks in the opposite direction, which luckily lead the walkers away, until I tread on a twig, making it snap...meaning noise...

fortunately only one of them 13 walkers heard it and headed towards us, then went in the other direction, thank god!

'they're gone...' I whispered

but as I turned around I felt a hand on my shoulder...

I slowly turned around...to see my dad.

'you should come back...it ain't safe out here' my dad said sternly and walked back towards our temporary home.

my dad climbed over the wire, followed by me, but when beth was supposed to step over she stopped...what the hell?

'no, I'll go with you, if he quits treating me like crap!' beth pointed a finger at my dad 'and if I can have a drink...'

'well, I can speak to dad and we have some water over-'

'No. a real drink. alcohol, I'm 18, I need my first drink.'

'fine, we'll get you a drink tomorrow, but tonight we need to rest, it's a long walk ahead.' I said, pulling beth over the wire.

'goodnight beth.' I smiled and hugged her

'goodnight dad.' I smiled and kissed his cheek

'goodnight Luke.' I smiled and got on my tiptoes, allowing my brother to hug me and kiss my forehead.

'soph, move over!' I shouted in her ear and shook her awake

'god, your gonna deafen me before I'm 16!' she giggled and rolled over

'I'm your best friend, that's my job.' I smirked and put my hands on my hips.

'yeah, yeah whatever...' she smiled and lay down on her back.

'soph?' I asked

'yeah, lyds?'

'do you think, Carl's alive?'

'almost positive.' she replied

'do you think, if he is alive, that we'll ever find each other again, like he promised me?'

'lyds, I've known you and Carl since I can remember, I've known you both long enough to know, since day 1 he's loved you and you've loved him, and when Carl makes a promise...he never breaks it, especially if he made that promise to you...'

'thanks, I really love him.'

'I know you do...lyds?'

'yeah?'

'do you think I'll find Michael again?'

'definitely.'

'I didn't know him for long, but...I loved him...' she wiped away a tear

'your wrong.'

'what?'

'you hadn't loved him, you LOVE him.' I smiled

'thanks...' she smiled back and hugged me

'goodnight sophie.' I rolled over on the ground into a sleeping position

'goodnight lydia...' she replied

~dream~

'Carl? Carl? where are you?' I shouted into the darkness and held up the lantern.

'I'm over here...' he whispered

'where?' I shouted

suddenly a image appeared, well more like some sort of...vision

'dad? dad? dad! DAD! DAD! i'm sick of you! you couldn't protect me, you couldn't protect michonne,Daryl or mom...or ju...you couldn't protect Judith! and because of you holding me back I couldn't protect mom or Judith or...or Lydia, and because of you I had to leave behind the girl I love, I'll never forgive you...I don't need you...I never needed you...'

Carl shouted and shook rick...Rick's dead body...