One - The Beginning.

*BOTH CHARACTERS ARE AGED UP*

Light slowly seeped in through the blinds in my bedroom and the sound of my mother's annoyed screams for me to "wake up" filled the emptiness of my small bedroom. I tiredly forced my eyes open and as they did i noticed a figure stood over my bed, who just so happened to be my best friend Carl.

I'd always had a small crush on Carl but I wouldn't ever be able to bring myself to tell him, especially with the thought of ruining my friendship with the boy always stuck in the back of my mind.

"Carl, you scared the crap out of me."

"You look like shit."

"Thanks?"

"You're welcome." He winked. "I made you coffee since you're probably gonna fall asleep in at least two classes today, I thought it might keep you awake."

He handed me the steaming mug and I tentatively took a sip from it before placing it on my nightstand.

"Thanks." I smiled, "Now get out so I can change."

"I think I'm fine where I am" He smirked

"Get out you little pervert!"

I hissed at him before pushing him out my door, I locked it behind him for good measure.

Slowly, I changed out of my pyjamas and began brushing my hair before I finally opened the door. Carl was leaning against the door frame with a smile on his face, the smile I'd grown to love over the years.

"Ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be..."

With the horrid thoughts of school bouncing around in my head, the thoughts of bullies, teachers and school lunches, I hopped onto the back of Carl's bike and we set off for school.

I wrapped my arms around his waist so I didn't fall and watched our surroundings pass us by and before we knew it we had reached living hell.

Almost immediately a group of boys approached us, they were a couple years older than us and definitely bigger in height.

"Look at the two freaks." Mark, a pig who picked on anyone and everything, smirked at us.

"What did you call us?"

Carl glared at Mark and threw his bike to the ground, before nudging me back...

"Fr-eaks." He repeated

"Say it one more time, I dare you."

"Goddamn freaks!"

Carl suddenly gripped Mark by the collar and pinned him up against a tree, anger was a clear expression on his face, but his expression immediately softened when I held his arm back.

"As much as I want to kill him too, let it go, we don't need anymore trouble, Okay?"

"Okay..." He grumbled, his hand hooked through my own and with that he dragged me inside the school building.

*

*

*

*

*

*

Before I knew it school was over and I found myself waiting for Carl outside the gate, when Melissa, a friend of ours stumbled by.

"Uh...Melissa are you okay?" I asked

By "okay?" I was referring to her pale skin, the bags under her eyes and her eyes themselves they were almost a milky white colour.