Twenty Nine - Right All Along.

'we know what caused this...' rick said 'Patrick developed some sort of flu or disease, he turned and attacked the cell block...'

I stood clutching onto carls arm, amongst sophie,Luke,Connor all the children and the Woodbury people. tears fell down my face as I listened to the news of Patrick, Carl stood staring at a wall with a hurt expression on his face, i was right all along...

'but the thing is...we discovered he caught some sort of flu...and anyone who was near him will be quarantined, step forwards if you went near him.' rick demanded

almost everyone stepped forward...

'rick, we can't quarantine all these people...' carol frowned

'okay...anyone who shows symptoms anytime soon, will be quarantined in CELL BLOCK A!' he shouted the last part, but I couldn't be sure...because I fell to the ground coughing, my face turned a bright shade of red then dark purple, as I lay on the ground and Carl held my head up so I wouldn't choke to death,I then began coughing up my own blood, whilst nobody tried to help except Carl,Sophie,luke, carol,rick and my dad, by then everybody watched in horror whilst rick and carol ran down the corridor to Hershel's cell...but by then I was pretty much out cold, as darkness took over...

*

*

*

*

*

I opened my eyes as coughing and spluttering and the sound of people throwing up, sounded all around my cell...that's odd...

'Carl...' I whispered and reached my hand across the bed ,to feel a empty space, where Carl should've been.

'Carl...' I said a little louder, as I wiped the sweat from my forehead.

I sat up in bed and looked around...that wasn't my cell anymore, it was a large open space, with lots of bunk beds and sick people lying around...

'you're awake!' Hershel appeared in front of me

'how long was I out?' I asked

'a week, atleast...but who's keeping track.'

'here.' Hershel said and handed me a purple tea like substance

'what's this?' I asked and stared at it, as it sloshed around in my mug.

'it's elder berry tea, it should bring the fever down.' he smiled

'thanks.' I said and drank some, it was actually nice.

'your welcome, I'm going to go and check on Glenn.' he stood up

'Glenn's in here?' I asked

'yep, he wasn't as bad as you but he's getting worse...'

'tell him, I hope he gets better soon.'

'I will, drink up.' he said, his eyes crinkled at the corners ever so slightly.

he walked away.

'I looked across the room and saw Sasha, sat down on a bed with her head in her hands

'Sasha?' I asked from across the room

she quickly looked up and started heading towards my bed, well more like limping...

'you're awake...how are you sweetie?' she asked and felt my forehead

'better, thanks to Hershel's tea.' I smiled

'yeh, he's been really helping out around here, I can't believe he hasn't got sick yet.' she laughed slightly

'how long have you been here?' I asked

'about a day' she replied

'how's Carl?' I asked

'he's a mess, he either talks about you half the time or he's just silent...'

'oh.' is all I could say