Three - Not Alone.

"Stop" I mumbled through harsh, forced, kisses

"Carl."

"I can't do this!"

I was quickly out of the cell door but Carl followed me and just as he was about to grab my arm I ran into the Rick. He glared down at me with what looked like anger and hatred in his eyes as he clutched a gun in his hand. I gasped at the sight of him, he looked as if he was going to kill me.

"You're gonna regret that." They spoke in sync.

As quickly as I possibly could, I ran back into my cell and threw myself beneath the bedsheets, desperate to hide from both Carl and Rick.

Carl who had forced me.

And Rick who had wanted to kill me.

It must've been around two in the morning when Carl's soft voice woke me, his hands lightly shook my figure.

"Lydia! Lydia, what's wrong?"

"I-I'm fine. It was a bad dream."

"You had me worried for a second."

"Sorry."

"Is it cool if I talk to you about something?" He questioned, "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"What's this about?"

"You know what i'm talking about Lydia." He said.

"The kiss?" I chuckled, "We already talked about it."

"Well, maybe I wasn't entirely truthful with you about it."

"What do you mean?"

With a pained expression, Carl climbed up onto my bunk and sat himself beside me. I could already tell whatever he was going to say was serious.

"There was another reason that I kissed you." He rushed through his words, "When I saw you that stupid crush came back and I didn't know how to handle it, and I really wanted to kiss you."

"If it makes you feel better, after you guys left. I thought about kissing you for almost a year."

"Am I that good?" He joked.

"You wish."

"The truth is..." He spoke with a sigh, "I do still really care about you L. I hope you know that."

"I know. I feel the exact same way."

*

*

*

*

*

*

When I woke the next morning, Carl was still lay up on my bed. One of his arms was hung over my small frame and his face was only a few inches away from my own. Drool covered his chin whilst light snores left his lips, and I immediately found myself wanting to laugh at him, but I stopped when I remembered what had happened only a day earlier.

Mark had died.

And Carl had found me again, after everything I was back with my best friend.

It all felt so dream like, so surreal.

I'd gotten exactly what I wanted, I was back where I belonged with Rick, Lori and Carl, but the price to pay for that was Mark's life.

Was that how things were supposed to be?

Or was I supposed to be lay out on that forest floor beside him?

"You know... You shouldn't worry about what happened." Carl's voice startled me

"What?"

"I can see it from the look in your face. You think what happened is your fault, about Mark being put down."

"It's not that." I shook my head, "I saw him die, and I still didn't try to stop him from becoming one of those things. I let that happen to him. That's on me."

"Look at me." He sat up to face me, "You did not cause his death, whatever happened to him had nothing to do with you."

"You don't know that."

"Yes I do. He got bit, right?"

I nodded.

"You didn't cause that. You weren't the one who turned him Lydia."

"But I could've saved him, and instead I was thinking about you and your family."

"Then that's my fault, put the blame on me for being so damn dreamy." He smirked

"You still always find some way to make any situation a little better."

"At least I got a smile out of you."

"Thank you." I lightly pecked his cheek before climbing off of my bed and onto the floor below.

"You can't just kiss my cheek."

"Why not?" I chuckled

"Because it makes me want to kiss you again."

"Is that so?"

"Uh, yes?"

"Well then I guess I'll just have to do that more often." I began to laugh

"We're supposed to be friends!"

"Friends don't kiss their friends, Carl Grimes."

"I have no idea what you're talking about!"

"You have every idea in the world about what I'm talking about."

"Fine. I know what you're talking about." He rolled his eyes, "But are you suggesting we're more than friends?"

"We always were more than friends Carl, you should know that."

"Wait, we are?"

"Yeah, we're best friends."

"Way to get my hopes."

"You're welcome." I winked

sorry this is a short one I didn't have much time on my hands