Forty Five - The Butcher Or The Cattle.

*Lydia's POV*

Screams, gunfire and groans, the groans of the dying and of the walkers surrounded the entire train cart. I refused to leave Maggie's side, she knew what it was like to continuously lose the people you love, yet she always came to comfort me in my times of need.

I sat on the floor with my back against the wall, my head rested on Maggie's shoulder and my fingers intertwined with Sophie's. I needed as much comfort in my sisters as I possibly could at that point in time, although they weren't my real sisters I had known Sophie my entire life, my father had taken her in as his own when her parents died, and Maggie... Maggie was the older sister I never knew i had needed.

I sobbed quietly to myself, Carl staring at me from across the train cart. He shrugged holding his arms out to me, I crawled over laying down in his grasp, and resting my head against his chest. His breathing was heavy and I could tell he was scared, but Carl took pride in caring for others, that was just how he was.

The groans grew louder and louder with every breath I took, my heart pounded against my chest and the lump in my throat only grew as the seconds ticked by. My world was slowly crumbling down on me, my dad was gone, my best friend was missing, my mom was dead and soon...so would I and the people I cared about most.

"Carl?"

"Yeah?"

"We're gonna die. Aren't we?"

"Don't say that."

"But it's true... isn't it?"

"I don't know anymore baby...I don't know."

"Promise me."

"What?"

"Promise me, you'll get our families out of here over me."

"I can't promise you that...I love you too much."

"Carl just freaking promise me!" I yelled, every turned to look at us, Carl flinching slightly.

"Okay." He gritted his teeth

He stood up and walked away from me, leaving me cold, lifeless and scared. I felt terrible for saying that to him, but I needed to know. I needed to know they'd be safe, I needed to know he'd save them just like he saved me.

Daylight suddenly flooded into the cart, and the noises from outside became the only source of noise, except for one strangled shout...

"Shoot em all and don't hesitate!" It was rick.

Carl ran to him, smiling happily up at him, before he and his father ran with most of the group.

"Dad!" I screamed, throwing myself into my fathers arms, he swung me through the air, embracing me as tightly as possible.

"I thought you were dead" I sobbed, grabbing a knife of the ground and burying it into the closest walkers head.

"I'm here now little girl, but we gotta get out of here!"

And we ran. We ran with he rest of the group, slightly ahead of us, we killed any wakers that came too close, and kept each other up. A fence low enough to jump, but not low enough to let walkers over came into sight, I ran as fast as my legs would carry me, but it wasn't enough, everyone was ahead of me, and three different walkers were in my path.

I'm gonna die, was the only thought that crossed my mind, I screwed my eyes shut waiting for the impact of bites to hit me, but i don't feel anything... I cautiously opened an eye, seeing Carl push me to the ground and shoot all three walkers, before pulling me up off the ground and throwing me over the fence, before himself and Abraham.

"What the hell Carl!" I shouted

"What?" He asked innocently

"I told you to save them over me!"

"You said to save our families!"

"Exactly!"

"How are you so naive?"

"What?"

"Don't you see you idiot! You are my family!"

He crashed his lips against mine, wrapping an arm around my waist. I fisted at his shirt, trying anything to get him closer to me.

"Excuse me love birds..." Eugene said, we quickly pulled away going beet red and staring at our feet, our hands were still latched together and everyone was chuckling at us.

"But we really need to find a safe place, to hold up for the night."

"No." Rick said "first thing we do is, go back to the fences and shoot them all, they don't get to live." He said, loading one of the many guns.

"Rick, the place is full of walkers, its up in flames, there's no point in killing them they'll either run or die." Maggie pleaded

"Yeah we only just got out of there with our lives..." Abraham added

"Carol?" Glenn said

Suddenly, my dad ran over to her at full speed and hugged her just as tight as he'd hugged me, tears ran down his face as he buried his head in her neck, softly whispering her name. Rick walked over and motioned for my dad to let go, he did as rick had said and nodded at her walking back to the others.

"Did you do that?" Rick asked

Carol nodded her head, rick quickly embracing her in a hug before she spoke up...

"You need to come with me..."

********

"Judith!" Carl screeched, running towards her and tyreese, rick followed behind him and they pulled her from his arms, tears of joy ran down Carl's face as he kissed his infant sisters forehead. Sasha and Tyreese hugged each other both crying over how long they had been apart.

My family was back together. All except four Connor, Beth, Lizzie and Mika.

Hey guys, so I'll be updating again tomorrow and BTW she doesn't Lizzie and Mika are dead yet, so that's why she said Lizzie and mika, but no one knows where Connor is. So yeah they'll find him pretty soon.