Forty Seven - Monster Brother.

I sketched whatever came to mind in the notepad I'd found. Images of my family, friends and old life were all drawn in great detail on the paper.

'Hey...you've gotten good...' Connor smiled, bending over the back of my seat, peering at one of pictures.

'What's that?' Connor asked, pointing at the picture of my old house.

'It's my house...well...what used to be my house...' I sighed

'It's beautiful.' He smiled, nudging my shoulder 'who are the the kids?'

'It's me and Carl.' I said, trying to remember a time when we weren't in danger. I couldn't.

'I've gotta go help Gabriel, I'll see you later.' He stated, walking away.

'Bye...' I sighed, wanting nothing more than my dad by my side again.

*******

'Carl?' I called out, walking into one of the side rooms.

Rick, Michonne, Maggie, Glenn and some of the others had gone out for a few supplies and to find my dad and carol. A little while earlier, we found Bob but his leg was missing, he told us Gareth and the cannibals survived, they attacked him and ate his leg, but they got infected. Tainted meat. They ate bob's leg after he had been bitten. Idiots.

'Yeah?' He answered, standing from the table in the corner, and placing his gun down.

'Judith won't stop crying, she wants you.' I said, a small smile on my face.

'Come here Judy.' Carl cooed at Judith, pulling her into his arms, he bounced her up and down in his arms, until she stopped being fussy, he set her down in her chair and leant against the desk, signaling for me to come stand next to him.

'I miss us.' He said, grabbing my hand.

'You miss us?' I questioned, scrunching my eyebrows together.

'The old us...' He sighed, pulling me closer to him. 'When we were young, and the world was normal...we had no worries...it was you and me against the world, now it's the world against you and me.'

'I like the new us.' I smiled, leaning into him. 'We're better this way. If it was the old us we wouldn't have made the all the decisions we've made, and my best decision was you. And I can't lose you too...' I smiled, a soft tear running down my cheek, before I even realised it, I was sobbing into Carl's chest, fisting at his shirt.

'We'll find your dad, i swear on it... Please don't cry baby...I love you.'

'I love you too...' I sniffled, wiping away at my eyes with the sleeves of my sweater.

'Quick! Get down!' Gabriel yelled, running to the corner and slamming the door behind him, I ran to the far side of the room, grabbed Judith's carrier and sat in the far corner

'Why are we hiding?' I whispered to Gabriel, he ignored me staring in utter fear at the door.

'We're not stupid. And neither are you.' The familiar voice said 'we've been watching you all, we know exactly who's here. There's Sasha. Bob. Tyreese. Rosita. Eugene. Abraham. Lydia. Gabriel. Carl. And then there's little Judith.' At the mention of her name, my grip tightened around her and Carl's face contorted in anger.

'You could be behind either one of these doors, and either way we've got more in power. We'll come in there and shoot you all...you could either come out with your hands behind your heads and die with dignity or die cowards. But Gabriel you don't have to live in sin anymore...we'll let you take Judith and walk out of here, another innocent life saved you want that...don't you?'

Gabriel began to slowly move forwards towards me and Judith, but before I could make a move to stop him, Carl had already pointed his gun on him.

'You touch my little sister or my wife and I'll shoot.' Carl hissed, turning back to point his gun at the door.

'Okay. I guess we'll just have to come in there and shoot you all.'

'Don't even try it Gareth. Got on your knees or we'll shoot.' Rick's voice said, I quickly stood up opening the door to see if my dad was with them, I wish I hadn't though...it was a blood bath. My brother. Michonne. Rick. They were killing people so inhumanly that I almost fainted.

'Luke?' I said, my lip trembling as I looked them for the first time in my life terrified.

'Lyds are you okay? Did they hur-' he began but I cut him off with a slap.

'You're just like them. You're a monster.' I said, tears rolling down my cheeks mixing in with the blood spatter from the dead people on the ground, their blood and my tears staining my cheeks.

I peered down, seeing my axe in the bag of one of the cannibals.

I quickly grabbed it, swinging it at my own brother continuously missing him until I finally lost it and bolted out the door, my axe scraped my leg slightly causing a drops of blood to fall down my leg, I barely noticed it with the adrenaline coursing through my veins, but it would become much more realistic soon enough.

I circled the church for awhile, dragging my axe along the ground, causing small clouds of dirt to surround my ankles. I occasionally killed walkers that came near, until I finally settled for the church steps.

I sat there for what seemed like forever, drawing shapes in the dirt with the end of my axe. I mustn't have realised it but michonne had been sat next to me for a while, keeping watch before she finally spoke up.

'Luke was only protecting you ya know, he killed them to keep you safe. You're his little sister, you're growing up fast and all he wanted to do was protect you I know how that feels. Forgive him before its too late...'

'I want to I really want to but he terrified me, for a minute...in my eyes...he was one of them.'

'He loves you just remember that.' She rubbed my back, clutching her samurai sword with her other hand.

A bushes rustled a few meters away from us, we both stood up holding our weapons in front of us, ready to kill whatever came out the bushes.

Two walkers stumbled out of the foliage, both limping towards us. I noticed Michonne smirk, knowing she would get to use her sword for the first time in over a month. We both killed the walkers, but as we strolled away I noticed a figure in the bushes.

'Hello?' I questions, trying to get a better look at whoever it was.

'Daddy...' I smiled, jumping into my dad's arms, 'I've missed you so much'

'I missed you too baby girl' my dad smiled, setting me on the ground.

'Is carol with you?' Michonne asked, peering around him at the other figure.

'Come on out.'