Forty Nine - Hidden In The Bible.

*Lydia's POV*

"Noah? Can you hand me that hammer?" I asked, supporting the plank of wood against the window with my hand.

"Here." He said, handing it to me before heading inside to prepare.

"So you know who's going to find beth?" I asked Carl, hammering a nail into the windowpane.

"Sasha, Tyreese, Daryl, Dani, Luke, Noah and Michael." Carl shrugged

"What about us? Or michonne? Or Sophie? Or Connor?"

"Michonne is staying behind to take care of Judith, they said Connor was too young and they didn't wanna risk me, you and Sophie getting hurt..."

"And Gabriel?"

"He doesn't know how to use a weapon, he would be a liability."

"We should teach him!" I smirked "We could lay out all of our weapons and make him choose, show him how to use then he wouldn't be a liability."

"That just might work..."

*

*

*

*

*

*

"Pick one." Carl demanded.

Sophie and Connor were both asleep, Sophie on the last remaining church bench and Connor on the floor beside her. Sophie's mouth was half open and she was snoring slightly, whilst Connor was the quietest I had ever heard him and Michonne was rocking Judith as she watched from the corner.

He scrubbed away at Gareth's dry blood on the floor, only glancing up at Carl.

"You know, we aren't gonna be here forever...to protect you, people die everyday. Alone for 18 months and not getting eaten? You're just lucky you lasted this long..."

Gabriel gulped. He uneasily glanced from Carl to me, as if he was asking for my help, but I only turned away, kicking the sheet of weapons towards his hands. He took one last glance at us, before reaching towards the machete.

"Good choice." Said Carl "But you're holding it all wrong... You've gotta hold it upwards, because sometimes the skulls aren't as soft so you've gotta-"

"I'm sorry this is all too much... I don't feel very well, I'm going to go take a rest." He shook his head, heading towards one of the two back rooms.

"How about you two get some rest, I'm going to go check on Gabriel." Michonne suggested, shoving us towards the room to the left.

We walked inside and Carl locked the door behind us.

"I'm scared my dad's gonna get hurt. He can't be strong forever, you know? I just don't wanna lose him yet, we need him." Carl sat down on the edge of the bed, putting his hat on the nightstand and running his fingers through his long hair.

"It's okay to be scared you know..." I whispered, my hand held his own.

With a soft sigh, he leaned across and pressed his lips to mine, forcing me into a passionate kiss.

We fell back onto the bed, Carl climbing on top of me and intertwining our fingers as our lips continued to move against each others.

And that was the moment I knew in my heart, that I couldn't live without this boy...

*

*

*

*

*

*

"Carl?" I whispered into the dark, my head rested against his bare chest and our naked limbs were tangled together beneath the bed sheets.

"Yes baby?" He said, staring down at me a small smile curving at the corner of his mouth.

"If, you know... Our baby had lived would you have wanted it in your life, even if I didn't make it?" I asked, biting my lip.

"Yes. I'd want our baby in my life more than anything. Because he would be a part of you and me, something so tiny and beautiful that we created, and if you died I'd want him even more...because he'd be my last life line that lead to you. My one true love..."

I fell asleep to Carl's beautiful words, knowing that if when I was older, when we were older that if I was to fall pregnant again, that he would be there for our baby even if I couldn't be.

Just in case you were wondering, you probably guessed right they had sex. Again. *spoiler alert* she won't get pregnant this time.