Sixty Seven - One Foot In The Grave.

"They buried Sophie yesterday."

Carl sat with his back against the wall, his remaining green eye seeming brighter than ever in the dim let that crept in through the gaps in the blinds.

"You weren't there."

He could barely look at me, almost as if I'd betrayed him.

"You watched Michael be buried but not Sophie, why?"

"I couldn't do it... I cared too much and loved too hard and then she died. I couldn't watch my own sister be put into the ground, especially when I already have one foot in my own grave." I mumbled

"Don't talk like that!"

"Why are you so mad?"

"Because!"

"Because what Carl?"

"I only have you, my dad, Judith and Michonne left, I won't lose you Lydia! I can't..."

"I didn't know you felt that way."

Carl stayed silent before he approached me, he silently sat beside me on his bed.

"The night I lost my eye, you kissed me. I hurt you but you kissed me."

"I'm used to the hurt."

"But you shouldn't have to-"

We were interrupted by a clank, followed by a scrape and then footsteps, Carl hesitantly pulled out his gun and climbed from the bed, he motioned for me to follow him and I quickly grabbed my knife. Carl rounded a corner and I heard the click of his gun.

"What are you doing in our house?"

"Right now, I'm sitting on these steps, looking at this painting and waiting for your mom and dad to get dressed."

And only moments later, Michonne and Rick emerged from Rick's bedroom, Michonne adjusting her clothes and Rick himself shirtless.

"Carl..." Rick spoke.

"Lydia!" Michonne's eyes widened.

*

*

*

*

*

*

"I was taking the van for my own people, we needed food for our colony and the colonies we're merged with."

"There's other colonies?" Maggie questioned

"You're about to step into a whole new world."

*

*

*

*

*

*

Everybody began to pack backpacks and load them into the RV as we set off for Jesus's - possibly imaginary, yet possibly real - group. I was scared to say the least as I'd come to the realisation neither Luke nor Dani or even Connor was coming with us.

"So you're not coming with us?"

"No... I want to stay here, I need to find myself again before I go on any runs, I barely know who I am." Carl spoke with a sigh

"You're Carl."

Rick approached the two of us, barely acknowledging my existence as he turned towards Carl, a nervous look held on his face.

"I was gonna tell you about me and Michonne but it just happened, it happened last night." Rick rubbed the back of his neck,"This is different."

"It's cool." Carl shrugged