Fifty Eight - Do It.

It had only been a matter of two days and I was already walking on my new prostethic leg, well...learning to walk. It was hard, I can tell you that, it consisted of Maggie and my friends teaching me or fretting over my tripping into doorframes like I already had three times.

I stumbled through the door way and Abraham quickly jumped forward and grabbed me by the waist, stopping me from falling to the ground.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

We all followed Michonne inside, Me, Carol, Abraham and Rosita. Rick groggily sat up on his bed, staring up at carol's statue like demeanor.

"You took the gun from the weapons locker to protect yourself and everyone else here incase any walkers got in, you only took one and nobody else helped you. Got that?" Carol ordered

"I don't wanna lie anymore."

"You said you don't want to take this place and you don't wanna lie? Oh sunshine you don't get both."

"Did you ever actually want this?" Michonne asked

"No."

"We had to stop being out there rick. We needed to stop being like them."

"We ain't them." Rick hissed

"You sound like Daryl."

"Well Daryl's right."

"Make a decision rick. It's now or never." Abraham said, before leaving with everybody following.

I sat down in the armchair beside Rick's cot, readjusting my prostethic leg so it was more comfortable, rick sat up and softly grabbed my hands, staring down at my metal leg.

"How did this happen Lyds? Who did this to you?"

"Ask your son."

******

"What if she doesn't wake up?" Luke sobbed, taking Tara's cold hand into his own. It was difficult to tell whether Tara would make it or not, Luke was worried the most. His two closest friends were Noah and Tara, and with Noah gone he was the most scared I had ever seen him.

"She'll wake up Luke, please don't cry." I begged

"But Pete's refusing to check on her!"

"I'll deal with Pete okay."

"But Lyds, he could hurt you we all know he used to beat Jessie!"

"I said I'd deal with him alright? Do you want Tara to live?"

"Of course I do."

"Then let me fix this."

Luke didn't reply, instead he dropped his head and sighed to himself, I left the room before he could do anything else and left the doctor's office and headed towards Pete's new house, the blinds were drawn with embarrassment, that's only what I could have guessed it was since everybody had discovered his dirty little secret.

I knocked on the wooden door, I stood outside for a while and still nobody answered, but I knew Pete was in there.

"Pete open up." I demanded, I know your in there. I can see your shadow through the window."

I heard him angrily sigh before he pulled the door open allowing me inside the house. I stood in front of Pete his large stature towering over me, before I finally spoke up...

"You need to go check on Tara."

"I don't want to."

"You're a doctor. It's your job, she could be getting worse and we wouldn't even know, my brother is in that hospital room crying his eyes out because his best friend is dying. You fix her Pete or else..."