Fifty - Losing A Sister.

I wish it would've been me. Not my friend...not my best friend...not my sister. I lost her, and I should've stopped it. But I couldn't.

*2 hours earlier*

"Wakey wakey!" I yelled, making Sophie fall off the bench and on top of Connor.

"Ouch..." Connor muttered, rubbing his head.

"Oops" Sophie giggled "sorry!"

"Where's Carl?" Connor asked "we need to have a bro talk."

"No idea! But good luck with that." I shook my head, watching Connor head into the residuary where Carl was with Judith.

"Are you girls okay?" Michonne asked, sitting beside me

"Yeah it's just...we miss beth and carol..." Sophie sighed, sitting up.

"Me too..." Michonne murmured "but missing people is part of being human, and that's how you know you're still alive, I miss Andrea every day she's not here, she was my best friend! But I had to move on with my life in order to survive, and if they don't make it...you'll have to do the same."

I was speechless I had never known michonne had felt that way, I always took her for such a strong individual, I looked up to her as a role model.

Just as michonne was getting up, Carl and Connor walked back in laughing to themselves.

"So what was your "bro talk" about?" Sophie laughed

"It was just about-" Connor was cut off by a shriek, we all stood up raising our guns and michonne ran in the room. As soon as the second shriek was heard Carl shoved me behind him, using a arm to shield me.

"Help! Let me in! Please!" The voice of Gabriel screamed

"Quick get the axe!" I said, tugging at the wooden planks on the door Sophie handed me my axe and I swung at the plank of wood we'd all worked so hard to put up, tearing it down.

Carl swung open the door, letting Gabriel inside just as walkers began to get free, they piled into the church stumbling fowards, growling and gnashing their teeth.

"In the residuary!" Gabriel shouted, shoving us through the door, him and michonne holding it shut. "Grab the child! This is how I got out go through there, you should be safe!"

Sophie went first, followed by Connor, then me and lastly Carl.

"Do not go anywhere without me." I heard michonne demand as I stalked my way to the end of the tunnel...

We made our way out of the tunnel and into the open air. I immediately grabbed Carl's hand, terrified that if I left his side I'd lose him for good...

A few walkers were impaled against the spikes outside of the church, michonne and Gabriel climbed out of the tunnel and michonne killed the walkers. Connor slammed th doors of the church shut, holding them closed whilst we nailed the door shut.

"It won't last much longer, but it will hold enough for us to make a run for it." Sophie stated, turning to walk away.

"Soph! Wait! What about the others?" I yelled, grabbing her arm angrily.

"Forget about the others! We need to leave!"

"We can't just leave them!"

"Yes we can!"

"You have no family! You have nothing to leave behind!"

I shoved her backwards, but she swung her fist forwards and punched my jaw. I stood down on her foot, then kicked her in the shin, just as I was about to punch her, Carl grabbed my fist holding me back.

"No! Let me go!" I screamed clawing at his arms.

"Stop it!" He yelled "I love you too much to let you do this! Stop!"

"Just do this for me?"

"For you..." I sighed

The doors of the church burst open and the dead began to tumble towards us, when suddenly a fire truck drove over the few walkers who had gotten out and blocked off the church doors.

"Who is that?" Gabriel squinted his eyes at the blacked out windows.

The door opened and out came Abraham, Rosita, Tara, Eugene, Maggie and Glenn.

"You're back!" I smiled, running over to Glenn and Maggie and pulling them into a group hug.

"What happened to DC?" I scrunched my eyebrows together.

"Eugene lied."

*******

The fire truck pulled up just near the hospital, I was still angry at Sophie and we weren't speaking, I was just hoping we'd be friends again before something bad happened. But despite the argument I was still excited to see beth and carol again.

We climbed out of the truck and held up our weapon, heading towards the front doors, we were almost at the doors when everyone started to walk out with their heads down and tears in their eyes, immediately I knew something was wrong...really wrong.

That's when I saw my dad carrying Beth's limp body in his arms, tears cascaded down my cheeks and Maggie dropped to the ground sobbing in Glenn's arms.

Why couldn't it have been me? Not my friend...not my best friend...not my sister. I lost her. I should've stopped it...but I couldn't.