Sixty Nine - Taken From Safety.

How did I get myself into this mess?

All I wanted to do was help my family but instead, I was the one who caused this whole mess, it was my fault.

"Lydia what the hell are you doing here?"

"I came to help." I smiled

"Who helped you get here?"

"A friend." I smirked, glancing between Carol and Maggie.

"Goddammit Blake." Maggie grumbled

I only laughed.

The truth was Blake had hot wired one of Alexandria's many vehicles for me and given me a road map with directions to where the group would be before he'd left with them, he knew I so desperately wanted to help and Blake was never one to say no, he was also never one to follow the rules. That was why we were friends.

"So where are the others?"

"They're fighting." Carol stated

"So why exactly are you two out here? Doing nothing?"

"See she gets it!" Maggie threw her arms up in frustration

"We're better off out here, than in there dead"

"But Glenn's in there!"

"And Glenn can take care of himself."

At first I wasn't sure if it was my mind deceiving me or if it was a walker lurking in the shadows but I saw the outline of a person and I should've said something, but I didn't and all of a sudden the figure burst through the line of the trees, his gun held high.

Even though I had, Carol didn't hesitate and she quickly shot the man, the bullet only hit his arm but he still fell to the ground screaming in pain.

Knowing if I hesitated again we'd all be dead I approached the man, prepared to shoot him in the head and end him before he could end us.

"Lydia leave it! You're not even supposed to be here!"

"I'm not stopping until this son of a bitch is dead!"

"Lydia..."

I turned around to see a woman holding a gun to Carol's head and another holding their fun to Maggie's, I tucked my gun into the waist band of my pants and held my hands up in surrender. A red headed woman stepped forward and pressed her gun against my forehead.

"Hey!" The woman spoke down a radio, "Lower your gun prick, you with the colt python, lower your weapon or we shoot."

"Where are you?" Rick spoke down the radio

I could see him through the foliage of the trees on the other side of the fence, as well as my dad, my brother, my cousin and my friends.

"We're here with... What are your names?"

"Carol, Maggie and Lydia." Maggie spoke up

"Speak to him, let him know you're okay." The redheaded woman handed the walkie talkie to me, the butt of her gun still pressed to my head.

"Hi Rick, Hi Dad."

"Lydia I told you to stay back at camp what the hell do you think-"

"See they're okay!" The woman cut my dad off

"Well make you a trade." Rick said, "Your guy for our people."

"3 for 1 that's not much of a trade."

"It's all we got." He sighed, "Look I know you're talking this over, come out and we'll have a fair trade, we can all walk away from this."

"The prick thinks we're stupid."