Forty - Trapped By Your Side.

okay guys so this is the last chapter for 7months or less, since the show has ended , that's quite upsetting for me because I've been writing this book, for around 7-9months. I will try and do filler chapters, like where she thinks back into her memories and the past, so I hope you enjoy!

we were on the road to terminus for a while, it was hot and dry the sort of weather you'd expect really in Texas...It had been a regular morning, I'd woke at sunrise, woken Sophie, Luke, dad, michonne, Carl and rick, gon hunting, but sadly came back empty handed and killed a few walkers here and there...

but it didn't feel right...Tyresse wasn't there, Sasha wasn't there, Bob wasn't there, Lizzie, Mika, Connor, Lucy, Maggie, Glenn, Beth...Judith...

None of them were there and it just wasn't the same...

'Lydia? do you wanna come with me?' Carl asked, as we all split up into pairs, outside terminus gates.

'i'm fine...' I smiled, I could tell he was slightly upset by that, by the look of hurt on his face, which he quickly hid and gave me a stern nod.

'Carl? you wanna come with me?' rick asked him

'no.' Carl replied, quickly walking away, with michonne following, Luke,Sophie and my dad(Daryl) walked away ,hidden in the trees, trying to find a easy and safe way over the gates.

'look like it's just you and me kiddo...' Rick smiled, ruffling my hair

I opened my bag, pulling out my green sweater, black bandana and handerkercheif. I pulled the sweater over my head, covering the cut I had got on my arm from fighting with the Fatman, in case anyone at terminus thought it was a walker scratch. I wrapped the bandana around my forehead, blocking the heat so I wouldn't die of dehydration. Lastly I used the handerkercheif to wipe walker blood from my Axe, so I didn't look too bad to the terminus folk.

'What you got there?' Rick asked, trying to take a peek in my bag...

'extra ammo, knives, guns yada yada yada.' I smiled

'are you okay?' rick asked

'yeah...I just miss everyone...'

'me too...but you gotta be strong for Carl, for me, for everyone.'

'I know...but sometimes, I just get sick of being strong for everyone, people have died for me before and I didn't do anything to stop it, I was weak, I couldn't stand up for myself...that was until I met Carl, rick you brought up a amazing son, from the moment he found me he helped stand up for myself, I'm only here now...because of you and your son.'

'come here.' Rick chuckled, holding both arms wide open for me, I ran into is embrace, both of us staring through the gates of the so-called sanctuary for all...

'Rick?' I asked, still hugging him.

'yes?'

'do you think terminus is really a sanctuary and community for all?'

'I hope so...I hope so...'

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Daryl/Dad busted the large wooden door open, taking a quick look inside before nodding at us, showing us the coast was clear.

we crept inside, checking all around us for any signs of danger as we walked into what we assumed was a store room...well, we were wrong.

'if you've come here to rob us, just take what you want and leave.'