The Good News

Yuki met Irkua at the academy the next day, she was a little late waking up so she didn’t want to hold him up. She walked in and placed her things on the chair she was sitting in the day before.

“Today’s the day Yuki.” Iruka looked her over and paused “Are you ok?”

“Of course, I’m just a bit tired.” Yuki smiled I went to bed so late and even then I couldn’t sleep. Who could sleep after that?!

“Do you want to practice the lesson for today?”

“Sure.”

After a few practice runs Yuki was pretty confident she could get through this lesson with no major problems. A few deep breaths later the classroom was full and all eyes were on Yuki, Iruka taking the seat next to his desk, You can do this Yuki!

Yuki told amazing stories of her childhood, about the missions she went on, and the people she encountered. The children were leaning on the edge of their seats listening to every word. She made the lesson fun and laughter was heard echoing down the hall. Iruka glanced towards the door to see Kakashi peering around the corner. They locked eyes as Kakashi moved away from the door. Iruka waited for Yuki to turn around before headed out into the hallway, he didn't want to mess up her flow.

“Have you been watching the whole time?” Iruka asked quietly, keeping an eye on the class

“No. I was passing by to see if you were in the middle of a lesson.” Kakashi said, his eye never leaving Yuki

"Did you need something from me?" Iruka asked. Trying to get Kakashi's attention, but it was no use, his eye was fixed on Yuki as she spoke. Iruka gave up on his question, shaking his head with a smile.

"What do you think of what you've seen of Yuki's lesson?" Iruka asked peeking into the room to see Yuki. 

“She’s amazing.” Kakashi smiled, just like I knew she would.

“Maybe you could tell her how good of a job she’s doing.”

“No.” Kakashi stood up straight, finally looking at Iruka. I can’t talk to Yuki now, she could match my voice to her nighttime visitor. Then my entire plan would be ruined.

“Kakashi,” Iruka sighed “could you at least think about it?”

Kakashi took one last look at Yuki, trying to hold the image of her laughing while she told her story before walking away. Yet again leaving Iruka to watch him walk away.

Iruka shook his head as the bell rang, being pushed to the side by the rush of children running past him. The mob finally ended and Iruka made it back into the class, Yuki standing very proud of herself.

“So?” Iruka looked at Yuki smiling

“I am so ready for this.” Yuki was beyond excited “Maybe I won’t have to wait as long as they thought I would. I don’t think I need that much training.”

 Iruka laughed “Well maybe give it another few days.”

---------------------------------------------------------

The day came to an end and Yuki couldn’t wait to get home. As much as she loved the academy she could do without all the paperwork that came with it. Iruka had excused himself before the class had ended, leaving Yuki to wrap up the day.

“Yuki!” Iruka called from behind

“Hey Iruka. Where have you been?” Yuki stopped to let Iruka catch up

“I went to talk to the Hokage about your progress.”

“Really?! What did he say?”

“He said that if I felt you were ready to start with your own class than you were fully welcome to.”

“Iruka!!” Yuki jumped straight into his arms “Thank you so much!”

“We’ll have to get a lesson plan together for you, tomorrow it’s all you.”

“Can we start tonight? We could totally get it all done tonight.” Yuki stared up at Iruka, eyes filled with hope

“Of course. Give me an hour and I’ll meet you at your house.”

“I’m so excited!” Yuki exclaimed jumping up and down. Iruka laughing at the sight in front of him.

Yuki waved to Iruka as they separated, she couldn’t wait to get her lesson together. But of course Iruka couldn’t stay too late, I’m sure I’ll have another visit tonight. Maybe tonight I’ll get more answers.