The Search

Hi everyone! I want to apologize for how long this has taken. You guys don't deserve to wait this long between update and I'm really sorry about that. I'm currently in my first semester of my masters degree and it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I took all my classes online so I would have time to write, but surprise these classes were crazy hard and time consuming. It's almost  over though and fall should be a lot easier lol Thanks for all the bday wishes and thank you for continuing to read. You guys are the best!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last of the scouting missions were being assembled as Kakashi observed from his post, hoping this search would be fast and simple. The last thing anyone wanted was another drawn out battle with wasted time and the risk of lives in the process. The night was moving in quickly, but that was not a matter that would stop this team. These teams knew if they came back empty-handed the battle was lost and all their efforts had been wasted. The teams lined up in front of his station waiting to be addressed. Kakashi stood slowly, his hands by his side as he walked from one end to the other, finally stopping in the middle.

"You all know this is the last line of defense we have to find the leader of this camp. I will not stand in front of you and threaten you with the reality you all know will happen if this person is not caught. What I will say is that you have all fought hard today, putting your lives in danger to protect the lives in your home villages is nothing short of honorable. Make this the ending to this battle, bring back the leader of this camp and return to your villages knowing this danger will never be feared again."

The groups cheered, finding their last bits of stored energy as they rushed away to bring back the mysterious evil they had been fighting against. Kakashi watched as the last group disappeared into the forest , this needs to end now, I need to make it back soon. Sinking back into his position Kakashi waited for the news he so desperately wanted to hear, the news that would reunite him with Yuki. Kakashi was filled with so much hope after yesterday Yuki had reached out to him and showed she cared. Kakashi knew there would be work involved when it came to fixing their relationship, but the point was Yuki reached out and that was all Kakashi needed to regain hope in the situation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours passed as a few teams returned to inform Kakashi of their failed search. Some of the teams asked if they could return back to the forest to continue searching and left as soon as Kakashi nodded his head, others returned carrying teammates too badly worn down to return to the search.

It was growing later into the night when Kakashi heard shouts and cries for help echoing from the forest. He moved quickly to the direction he heard the voices coming from and looked down from the tree tops to find a small battle taking place below him. He saw members of many villages laying on the ground, badly beaten. A small circle working around a giant man in the middle, the leader!

Kakashi flew down without any further thought and joined the fight. He felt he was just in time the circle of men had had enough of this fight and could barely stand. Everyone moved to the side leaving Kakashi alone to stand face to face with the man he assumed was the leader.

"Your team has been trying everything they can think of to take me down," The man said with a laugh gesturing to the bodies around him "What makes you different?"

Kakashi felt the smile spread across his face, that familiar feeling of pure hate for an enemy. This man deserved every ounce of his hate and he would feel it in every hit Kakashi was about to deliver. The man continued to stare as Kakashi brought his chidori to both sides of him. The man's eyes went wide and in that moment Kakashi knew this man had nothing special to offer. No hidden jutsu, nothing but his sizes to fight with.

I want you to feel all the pain my village felt and know we will be no one's victims. The last hit will be the most painful the last hit is from Yuki for everything you put her through. For the struggle she fought back from after the attack, the last hit is in her name!

The man made no move as he watched the lighting flowing from Kakashi's hands and before Kakashi could move he heard it, the voices of the men scattered around him. They knew what he was about to do, they could see the rage in him. It brought him back to the real reason he was here, to bring this man to justice not kill him in the middle of the forest. If you only knew how close to your end you just were.

Kakashi stepped forward, the man towering over him. Craning his neck to look up at the man a loud snap of chidori echoed through the forest. The man dropped within seconds of being hit as Kakashi turned to the group.

"Who is strong enough to help in transporting him back to the camp?" Kakashi looked around the group and watched as several men stood up

The men moved around the giant man and pulled him from the ground. Kakashi took his place in front as the other men moved around to guard while they walked. Kakashi was thankful this event was over, we have what we came for it is time to go.