The Intruder

The village was oddly quiet as Yuki made her way to the academy. The shops weren't open and there was no sign of anyone at all. Yuki tensed as she walked, keeping her guard up just in case something was going on she didn't know about. She walked into her classroom and felt completely uneasy, something is wrong. Something is happening. She moved to the window and looked around. The entire village was quiet and completely still below her.

"Yuki!" Iruka came rushing in "I tried to catch you before you left your house."

"What's going on Iruka?" She noticed his distressed look

"There has been an intruder outside the village walls. We're not sure if he's the only one or if he has others waiting in the forests. He was brought back to be interrogated by ANBU"

Yuki's eyes went wide, the thought of intruders entering this village to harm anyone angered her beyond belief.

"So what happens now?" She looked to Iruka, feeling completely helpless

"Well we'll have to..." Iruka began but was cut off quickly

"Yuki." Two ANBU stood beside Iruka, having appeared it seemed out of nowhere "You are to come with us. You are needed."

Yuki's eyes went straight to Iruka, she was obviously a little scared. She couldn't even answer, only managing a small nod as she moved forward.

"Here's your first chance to make the village proud." Iruka gave Yuki a confident smile. She smiled warily as she exited with one ANBU in front of her, but before the other ANBU could take his place behind her Iruka grabbed his arm.

"What are you doing with her?" He tried his best not to sound angry, but he was worried about her.

"That is classified Iruka sensei."

"Don't give me that classified act. I can find Kakashi and ask him, or you can just tell me now." Iruka's grip had tightened. To think I would stand up to an ANBU, Kakashi will be having words with me later.

"Iruka sensei Kakashi-sama is the one who has ordered us to bring her."

Iruka released the ANBU, knowing full well Yuki would be in good hands. Kakashi was the ANBU captain after all, he knew what he was doing. I just hope he knows what he's doing when it comes to Yuki.

"I'm sorry for my actions. Please tell Kakashi to take care of her." Iruka backed away from the ANBU.

The ANBU nodded and walked out, moving down the hall to follow closely behind Yuki. Iruka went to the window, watching them emerge. I hope you know what you're doing Kakashi. As he thought that another thought entered his mind and he couldn't help but smile. I said you would need to work with her one day Kakashi and look what happened.