The Arrival

After assembling the group at ANBU headquarters they set out north towards the camp. The plan was to stay out of sight, there would be no fighting tonight. This mission was just another step in making their plan of attack. Finding weak points, seeing how the camp operated, and what direction would give them the best advantage. Yuki was stationed in the middle of the group; she had Wolf in front leading, two ANBU on either side, and one in back. The extra two ANBU to the sides were spread much farther out from the rest of the group, it was almost impossible to see them at times. With the darkness just settling in they wouldn't be to their final destination until early morning. It was going to be a long night, but Yuki was ready. She would do anything to prove she wouldn't hold the team back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun had risen maybe two or three hours earlier as they made their way through the last of the forest. The edges could be seen from almost every side, signaling it was time to slow down and regroup. The members came together, moving high up into the trees making their way to see what the camp looked like.

The fence surrounding it was made of giant sharpened trees, so there were no watchtowers or catwalks around the top. Obviously this was good for the group because they would only need to concern themselves with the patrols inside the forests, instead of having to focus on both. Inside the camp were a numerous series of tents housing all the inhabitants, the biggest tent was located in the middle for the leader of this band of rogues. Wolf turned and signaled for two ANBU to search the left and two ANBU to head out to the right. As they left Wolf leaned into the last remaining ANBU giving him his directions. When he had also departed Yuki's chest burst with joy, Am I going on patrol with Wolf?! The two made their way higher into the trees and moved back so the camp was still visible, but they were out of sight.

"I want you to watch the movement inside the camp. I need to know if anyone comes or goes, what their activities are, and if that large tent is for the leader. Can you do that?" Wolf's voice was very serious, but Yuki knew he was only doing this to humor her. She knew he wouldn't let her patrol, but he had to give her something to do or else she would be angry. You know me too well Wolf.

"Of course" Yuki nodded at him

"If anything happens or you need help press the seal. I will return immediately" He raised his hand to her face, something Yuki did not expect him to do on a mission. Yuki covered his hand with hers and smiled.

"I will" His hand fell as he vanished into the trees

Yuki turned her attention back to the camp. It was still early in the morning, but Yuki thought there would be more activity going on. There was barely any movement, maybe two or three members walking around chatting. Yuki kept a close eye on the larger tent, hoping she would get a glimpse of who was inside. The forest was quiet, the camp was starting to stir, and Yuki was all alone. Nothing I haven't done before, Yuki thought with a big smile on her face as she turned her head to the sky. It reminded her of her parents, of what it was like to be a team. I won't let you down either.

---------------------------------------------------

Hours passed as the sun climbed higher in the sky and Yuki still remained alone. The camp had begun to rise as well and training had commenced in the center closest to the bigger tent. They were assembled in rows, some with weapons some without. Yuki watched, hopeful to pick out stronger members, but they all seemed average. Not one used any kind of jutsu, this seemed to be a hand-to-hand training only or none possessed the ability. Let's hope for that option, Yuki thought as she watched them move in unison.

Members moved in and out of the bigger tent, but the main figure never emerged. Yuki was beginning to grown frustrated with the action of seeing the same figures enter and leave. If only I could get closer I would be able to coax the leader out, Yuki frowned knowing her genjutsu would be fully capable of doing such a thing. The mind control genjutsu her family used would be able do that with ease, that's why so many people had come to her parents for assistance. They would be able to lure people from great distances, but Yuki was still young and she did not have the ability to perform at such great lengths.

Yuki felt her chakra shift and the odd familiar feeling she had been experiencing yesterday return. She was trying to understand why she continued to have such feelings, it was almost uncomfortable, like something was traveling through her body that wasn't hers. Yuki froze in an instant, finally realizing what was happening.

It's Wolf's chakra. I feel odd because I can sense his emotions and his chakra growing stronger and weaker. I can feel all his changes. Yuki felt such a relief finally figuring out what was happening to her. She had been feeling this way ever since the seal had arrived, I thought I was going crazy. She thought with a laugh.

Trees began to move around her. She moved her chakra around her to identify who was coming, ANBU, Yuki thought easing back into her watch. Within seconds four ANBU landed below her, each nodding up at her. The last ANBU landed next to the others, having come from the back edge of the woods. All that was missing now was Wolf. She had felt his chakra shift, but it gave no sign of danger. Yuki decided she would give Wolf a few more minutes before she pressed into the seal. The ANBU below her were conversing quietly as she looked into the camp, making sure there were no signs Wolf had been captured.

Yuki was just about to press the seal when she felt Wolf's chakra. He was moving their way and quickly. He landed below Yuki, signaling her to come down. She landed next to them waiting for instructions.

"We have gathered all we need. It is time to head back" Wolf watched as each head nodded at him

They formed in the same patter as they had entered and set off. The day was winding down into late afternoon and the group was hopeful to make it back to the village by nightfall, each unaware that they were not the only ones conducting surveillance this day.