The Emotions

Iruka knocked lightly on Yuki’s door, waiting for her so they could make their way to the academy together. Yuki opened the door with a bright smile and hopped down the steps to Iruka.

“You seem very happy this morning.” Iruka smiled at her as they began their walk

“Of course, today is my first big day.” And last night I lost my heart to a man I’ve never seen.

Yuki tried with all her might not to lose her head over the ANBU, but it was no use. She couldn’t stop thinking about him, his voice was echoing in her head, and the way his hands felt on her. Especially the uncovered one, Yuki blushed at the thought.

“Are you sure that’s all you’re excited about?” Iruka saw the blush and smile on Yuki’s face. Obviously this is not just about teaching today. Has she met someone?

Yuki continued to smile, wondering how much she should tell Iruka. I’m sure it would sound awful if I told him I had fallen for the ANBU who was in charge of writing a report on me. Especially when said ANBU was reporting straight to the Hokage about me. Yuki was lost in her feelings of the ANBU, until she saw the last person she cared to see walking their way. Ugh this guy again!

Iruka watched as Yuki’s entire expression changed, her smile faded as well as the blush. I doubt he’ll say a word to either of us, I’m surprised he’d even be this close to begin with. Iruka thought back to finding Kakashi watching Yuki from the hallway at the academy. Who knows what he’s thinking. Iruka waited to see how close Kakashi would come to the two of them.

Kakashi saw the smile and blush fade from Yuki’s face, strange how I am the cause of both those actions, yet the sight of me makes them fade. Kakashi sighed and nodded at Iruka, but instead of ignoring Yuki he gave her a quick glance with his eye connecting into hers. Yuki didn’t have enough time to look deeply into his eye before he turned his head away and walked by.

Why didn’t I look further?! That might have been my only chance! Yuki watched Kakashi continue on, turning her back on Iruka, who was surprised that Kakashi even looked at her.

Too slow Yuki, Kakashi smiled. He could feel Yuki’s eyes digging into his back, he didn’t dare turn around now, that trick would only work once.

“Yuki” Iruka touched her shoulder lightly. She turned to face Iruka, her eyes slightly glowing purple. Iruka took a step back, not expecting to see Yuki trying to use her genjutsu on Kakashi.

“I’m sorry” Yuki closed her eyes and took a deep breath. When they opened again they were her normal dark brown “That man just baffles me. It is almost painful how much he confuses me.”

“Don’t let him get to you. I told you he’ll come around eventually, just give it time” They started walking again, but Iruka had to know one last thing before he let the situation go “What did you intend to do with your genjutsu on Kakashi?”

“I was going to see if there was a reason he doesn’t like me,” Yuki sighed as they neared the academy “But he looked away too fast for me to look any further. I don’t know why I don’t just have it ready for whenever I see him. Then I can just jump in front of him and use it.” She laughed as they entered the building.

“Well let me know what you find in there” They both laughed as they headed to Yuki’s classroom.

Well if that’s your plan Yuki, I cannot risk looking at you again. Kakashi paused in the hallway of the academy he had been hiding in as he watched the two walk away. Or maybe I should let you have a small look inside.