The Bad Idea

The bell rang for lunch break and all the students rushed outside as fast as they could, not wanting to miss a minute of it. Yuki sat back and took a breath, it had been a very eventful first half. She straightened the papers along her desk, trying to decide what should come next.

“I see you made it through.” Iruka walked into her classroom with a smile

“It does seem that way” Yuki replied with a laugh as Iruka took a seat next to her desk “Hopefully you’ll hear positive reviews about how today went”

“I’ll keep an ear out to see if you’re the next favorite at the academy” They both laughed, Iruka took a quick glance into the hallway to see if Kakashi was hiding in the shadows. I’ve been waiting to see him today, he’s never in the academy this much.

“Something wrong Iruka?” Yuki was staring at him, a concerned look on her face

“No, I thought someone walked by but it was just my imagination.” Yuki nodded giving him a smile Yeah that was a very weak excuse “I was wondering if you were interesting in training anytime soon?”

“I would love that. I haven’t trained a day since being here, I could really use it”

“Well I’ll be heading out there after classes are over, do you want me to wait for you?”

“That would be great.” Yuki replied with excitement It’s been so long since I’ve had a second to even think about training.

“I’ll meet you outside after class.” Iruka waved as he exited her room

Yuki was beyond excited, I can’t wait to get back to some physical training. It’ll be such a good stress reliever. She finally decided what should come next when the children returned and she placed the papers down on her desk with a sigh.

Well I guess I’ll be heading to the training grounds this afternoon, Kakashi stood outside Yuki’s door. The building was silent with all the children returning to their classrooms. He turned to walk away when the most brilliant idea hit him, I’ll volunteer to let Yuki use her genjutsu on me. That will be the best way to let her see just a little of what's inside without giving everything away. Maybe then I can throw her even further off my trail. Kakashi smiled at the idea as he moved through the halls, it was indeed a brilliant plan and he would see it executed later in the day.

------------------------------------------------------

Iruka and Yuki made their way to the training grounds, which were empty by this time. The section they chose was for instructors only so they didn’t have to worry about the students getting in their way.

“What would you like to start with?” Iruka asked as he and Yuki began stretching

“I could really go for some hand to hand, if you’re up for it.” Yuki let a small laugh escape her, Iruka just smiled back at her

“I’m ready when you are.”

They squared off in the middle of the grounds, circling each other. Kakashi watched from a safe distance away, eager to see how well Yuki was at combat. Hopefully she doesn’t hurt Iruka too much, Kakashi smiled leaning against a shady tree.

Yuki struck first, driving hard in Iruka’s direction. He blocked quickly, but was too slow in redirecting to miss the hit Yuki landed on his back. They separated again, continuing to circle one another.

“Are we keeping score?” Yuki asked sweetly, sizing up Iruka with each pass

“I guess you have first point then.” Iruka lunged forward, causing Yuki to flip over him. He couldn’t believe the skills she had, hand to hand and an amazing genjutsu? Impresisve.

Yuki crotched on the ground, eyes locked looking up at Iruka, waiting for his next move. They ran at each other, a cluster of kicks and fists blurring into one. Kakashi couldn’t stand it anymore, he had to get a closer look.  He made his way towards the grounds they were in, deciding to stand in plain sight instead of hiding. As Iruka and Yuki broke away Yuki was the first to notice Kakashi. She stilled, looking past Iruka, causing him to turn to see what she was looking at. She turned her back as Iruka made his way over to Kakashi.

“What brings you here?” Iruka leaned on the fencing, breathing heavily. Seeing that Yuki had wondered off and was too far away to hear him Kakashi answered Iruka.

“Just happened to be passing by.” Kakashi knew Iruka didn’t believe a word he said

“I’m sure you just happened to be walking by, just like you just happened to be at the academy during Yuki’s lesson.”

“Just a coincidence” Kakashi crossed his arms, watching Yuki sit under a tree

“Would you like a turn with her?” Iruka said with a smile, a slight blush running up Kakashi’s face

“You two seem to be doing just fine.”

“Maybe she can use her genjutsu on you, see how your sharingan works against it.”

Kakashi paused, I didn’t expect him to offer her up so fast. Am I ready for this?

“Is the great Kakashi scared?” Iruka teased, seeing Kakashi stand in silence for so long

Kakashi smiled, looking past Iruka to Yuki. She was intently staring their way. Can I handle this? What if I don’t blocker enough? If I let my guard down in the slightest she’ll know everything.

“Maybe next time Kakashi.” Iruka turned his back and walked away towards Yuki, waving as he walked.

Kakashi had waited too long, he missed his chance. He sighed, maybe it’s for the best. He watched as Iruka helped Yuki up from the ground. She threw a glare Kakashi’s way and turned to leave with Iruka. There’s no way I could have been able to hide parts of my mind from her. At least we still have tonight my Yuki.