The Wolf

Yuki was lead through the village, the ANBU by her sides now. She felt so uneasy, so uncomfortable, I wish Iruka was here with me. She felt one of the ANBU grab her arm to stop her.

"I apologize for this, but since you are not ANBU you cannot see the rest of the journey."

Yuki didn't have time to react as she was blindfolded and thrown over the shoulder of one of the ANBU. He took off at such a speed Yuki wouldn't have been able to see even if she wanted to. All she could do was hold on and wait for them to reach their destination.

It thankfully didn't take long for Yuki to be put down. She knew they were in a building by the way the air felt, but that's all she knew. She was still blindfolded as she heard one of the ANBU enter a room and close a door, the other stayed by her side. The door opened again and she was lead inside, her blindfold being taken as she walked past. The two ANBU staying outside and closing the door behind her, the room was completely dark as she stood in silence. A light slowly turned on, Yuki turned every way she could to see where the light was coming from.

"Always so alert Yuki." A voice said as she heard footsteps coming towards her. I know that voice, Yuki turned around to face the direction the voice had come from.

"Wolf" She didn't move towards him, knowing embracing him would be out of the question.

"Yes Yuki, I have asked to have you brought here to help in the interrogation. Your genjutsu will be very helpful during this process." He walked towards her, placing a hand on the small of her back leading her towards another door.

Yuki stayed silent as they entered the next room, awaiting instructions from Wolf.

"Before I bring you to where the prisoner is I want to tell you a few things." Wolf left her side and was now standing in front of her. This was not like their nighttime visits this was a real situation, as much as Yuki would love to be in his arms she had to focus. But one thought wouldn't leave the back of her mind, He sent for me. Out of all the people in this village that could help with this he sent for me. With that confidence in mind she awaited his instructions.

"The most I can ask from you is that you try your best in breaking into his mind. We need to know if he is acting alone, what his plans might have been, and if we can expect any future attacks." He paused looking her over. She was focused on his every word, I know you can do this Yuki. "Is that clear?"

"Yes. I will do my best to give you as much information as I can." She didn't smile after answering him, she was completely serious. This was no time for smiling or acting cute, Yuki thought I have to help the village at whatever cost.

"I will be in the room with you, just in case." Wolf took his spot beside her again as he lead her down the hall. He paused outside a door before opening it, turning to Yuki. "Although I heard you gave Iruka sensei a good battle at the training grounds." He laughed slightly, looking down at her.

"I wouldn't say that. I mean I did win, but it was such a short session." Yuki paused, looking up at him. A sly grin on her face, but then she paused. "Did Kakashi tell you that?"

Kakashi stilled, it was strange to hear her say his name. What made it worse was the emphasis of distaste she said it with, Kakashi tried his best not to let it show. I could find out so much right now just by saying...

"Wolf" Someone called from behind him, breaking his thoughts. He turned to see an ANBU member standing next to him.

Kakashi had already warned the other ANBU not to use his name while Yuki was around. They all seemed confused until he told them it was an order. With those words said they didn't dare question their captain.

"The prisoner is ready for you." He backed away from the door. Kakashi reached for the handle, Yuki walked in first as he closed the door behind them.

The man was firmly tied to a chair in the middle of the room. It was cold and very dimly lit in the room, completely isolated. Yuki looked to Kakashi for approval to approach the man, he nodded and she walked forward. The man was a bit bloody, obviously he had put up a fight before being taken down.

What scum, Yuki thought as she waited for the man to open his eyes to her. She held her anger close, not letting it get the best of her. The man slowly raised his head and began laughing.

"You brought a girl." He was laughing very loudly now "Of all the things you could have done you brought a little girl here to get me to talk."

Kakashi stayed silent in the corner, knowing full well Yuki's anger was rising by the minute. I'd be careful with those words if I were you, Kakashi smiled to himself watching Yuki's muscles tense.

"I know the Hidden Leaf is known for its weakness, but now little girls are fighting." He threw his head back laughing. That was the last Yuki could take, she completed her hand signs so fast even Kakashi didn't see them.

"I'll show you what a little girl of the Hidden Leaf can do." She forced his eyes to stay open with her hands as her eyes began to glow a much darker purple than the first time Kakashi had seen her use her genjutsu. The flashes of lighting around her head were not so small this time, instead they almost reminded Kakashi of his chidori.

The man tried his best to move away, terror painted across his face. Yuki just laughed as she entered his mind and he went completely still. The room was deafeningly silent as Kakashi watched Yuki search the man's mind with her eyes. He stayed where he was standing, not wanting to crowd Yuki while she was in her genjutsu state.

"Wolf" She called him, obviously wanting him closer so she could talk. He stood on the opposite side of the man, waiting for her to continue. "This man was alone today."

Kakashi stilled, how did she work that fast?

"You're sure?" He didn't want to sound like he was doubting her, but he had to be sure of her answer.

"Yes. He was sent here by a small group of rogue ninja's. He was made to be the scoot." Yuki never broke her stare into the man's eyes. Her genjutsu was still strong, the man was completely limp in his chair.

"Can you see what their plans were?"

"Not yet. I think I'm almost to it though."

Kakashi moved slightly back, taking in the sight of Yuki working. She would have been great for ANBU. Kakashi hated the thought, but he knew it was true, Yuki's genjutsu was perfect for ANBU. He sighed silently looking back at her, What a pair we would be.

—————————————————————-

It had been at least an hour since Yuki began trying to find the true plan that was hidden deep inside the prisoner's mind.

"Yuki, let's break for today." Kakashi was beginning to get worried. He knew her chakra was becoming low and he didn't want her to hurt herself. 

"No. I'm almost there, I can feel it." She was breathing heavily, sweat dripping off her forehead as she continued on.

"Yuki please." Kakashi couldn't take it anymore, if she wasn't going to listen he would break the genjutsu himself. He stepped forward and put a hand on Yuki's shoulder. Her felt her muscles give out and she released the man.

Kakashi moved quickly behind her as she stumbled backwards into his arms. She sank to the floor, Kakashi following with her, keeping her upright. Members of ANBU rushed in, but Kakashi held his hand up for them to stand back.

"Take the prisoner away." Kakashi's voice boomed through the room. The men acted quickly, Kakashi holding Yuki tightly to him. She turned her face up to look at him.

"I hope I didn't let you down." Her smile was weak and her eyes were barely open. She was breathing heavily still and her whole body was soaked in sweat. Kakashi gripped her tighter This is why I would never let you near ANBU!

He stood, scooping Yuki up into his arms and exiting the room. She made no effort to protest as they moved out of the room. The last thing Yuki saw was Wolf's mask before her head slumped into his chest and then darkness.