The Guarding

As expected the Hokage was waiting on the return of the groups, but he was not expecting to see the leader of the camp being carried in. He rose with his pipe in his mouth watching as the man was laid in front of him.

"I see he was not hard to spot." The Hokage said with a laugh

There was no reply, just blank stares looking back at him. He quickly cleared his throat and looked down at the man.

"Where do you want to hold him?" Kakashi asked looking to the Hokage

The Hokage looked around the camp and realized there were no solid buildings inside of it.

"Place him inside his tent I want a guard at every point of it" Kakashi nodded as the man was picked back up and brought inside the tent.

"We will have shifts of who will guard the tent. Go back to your respective teams and send one from each. That will give us at least six men at a time. I will guard him until the men return."

The men rose and left Kakashi with the leader of the camp still unconscious.

"I wonder if you care how much damage you've caused." The man did not answer, Kakashi kneeled down close to the man's face "All this trouble and we don't even know your name."

Hearing voices approaching Kakashi rose and walked out of the tent to see a group of eight, far more than he thought there would be. They were definitely men who had been back for a longer period of time then the group that had just returned. They were awake and alert all the qualities that needed to be present during guarding this man. Although I doubt he'll be awake anytime soon.

"You are tasked with guarding the tent. I will set up a small patrol for the boarders of the camp. Having the leader here will surely attract attention quickly, I'm sure he's expected to be somewhere by now. Guarding him should be easy I do not expect him to be awake soon. When he does wake bring the Hokage to him."

The group nodded as Kakashi made his way back to the Hokage's tent. Entering he found the Hokage was already setting the scout missions out to patrol. Kakashi said nothing as the Hokage gave his instructions and dismissed the men.

"I assumed you would be too busy to assemble the team for patrol, I did not want to wait. They will be looking for him soon" The Hokage turned to Kakashi after looking over the map.

"Those were my thoughts as well. A missing leader will not go unnoticed for long. I have informed the group guarding the tent to find you as soon as he is awake." Kakashi did not move from where he was standing, his body and mind coming close to their end. He could not remember the last time he had slept.

"I heard you sedated him quickly." Kakashi felt the tension in the Hokage's voice as he said it. Obviously he knew Kakashi was very close to ending the leader the moment he saw him

"He should not be awake any time soon." Kakashi thought that was the easiest way to answer the question, the less I say the better.

"Well when he is awake we will have a conversation with him. For now I want you to get some rest, I will need you later and I cannot have you running so close to your limit."

Kakashi knew there was no protesting this and turned to find a space to get some sleep. The Hokage was right, Kakashi needed to be fully awake when it came to the interviewing that would happen once the leader awoke. Kakashi found a blanket folded near a tent and grabbed it making his way into the nearest tree.

The comfort of the tree was all Kakashi needed to start to drift off to sleep. He had been gone for almost a week from the village. He knew there was no way he would be returning this soon, they still had the prisoners to deal with and now the leader needed to be dealt with. The mission had been calculated to last at least a month and Kakashi knew that was accurate.

With a sigh he pushed through the connection. Yuki, hold on for a little while longer. I will be there soon.

With thoughts of his return running through his mind Kakashi felt himself begin drifting further into sleep as the sun threatened to light the sky. The camp could handle the situation for a few hours... he hoped.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was nearly daybreak. Yuki had not been able to sleep and she knew why. She felt every emotion running through Kakashi and that was more than enough to keep her awake. His last try at connecting with her was one of utter exhaustion.

He's been running all night, Yuki sighed staring up at the ceiling. I know I should hate him, but right now it's a little hard.

The thought made Yuki jump from her bed, What am I saying?! There's no going back now, Kakashi has done too much for me to let him just walk back into my life.

The idea of Kakashi simply walking back into her life was not an idea she wanted to or needed to think about right now. She had no time to sit around and debate this issue. It was a decision that was clearly already made when Yuki left the village.

With a sigh Yuki rose from bed, an early start sounds like a good idea.