The Counsel

“ANBU.” The Hokage said to the small counsel that Kakashi and Iruka were both apart of.

“No.” Kakashi all but shouted. He lowered his head as the Hokage glared at him

“She will thrive in ANBU, her ability is perfect for those missions.” The Hokage paused.

Iruka saw the look in Kakashi’s eye and his fists clenched in his lap, he did not want Yuki anywhere near ANBU. I think he’s fallen for her. Iruka had to think fast, for the sake of his friend he had to get Yuki out of ANBU.

“Hokage-sama,” Iruka paused waiting to be addressed.

The Hokage nodded for him to continue.

“I feel that Yuki would make a great sensei.” Kakashi’s head flew over to look at Iruka. He knew what Iruka was doing, he knew Kakashi had feelings for Yuki and was trying to keep her safe.

“And why is that Iruka?”

“If Yuki became a teacher at the academy she would have a completely different way of teaching because she did not grow up here. Her ideas would be unique and the students would be exposed to things from outside of their small village. It would be a sure advantage, Yuki has gone on missions with almost every village, she knows how they work.” Iruka was confident in that answer, he dared a glance at Kakashi and they shared a knowing glance.

The Hokage thought over the idea for some time. The room was silent waiting for his answer.

“Yuki becoming a teacher at the academy would be a very good idea, but” Kakashi waited with breath held. Iruka had made a great point, he hoped it would convince the Hokage “if I see a mission in which Yuki’s abilities will be of good use then she will be assigned to go.” He glanced over at Kakashi briefly.

“Iruka, I will put you in charge of getting Yuki ready for the academy. I am hoping to have her ready as soon as possible.”

“Yes Hokage-sama.” With that the meeting was over and they were dismissed.

Iruka and Kakashi walked side-by-side in the hallway, before exiting the building.  Iruka turned to leave, but Kakashi stopped him quickly.

“Iruka sensei,” Iruka turned around to face him “I wanted to thank you for that. I could not handle Yuki being in ANBU.”

“You’re welcome Kakashi. I couldn’t imagine you completing any missions having Yuki as your subordinate.” Kakashi blushed He’s never going to let this go. “Why don’t you just talk to her? She’s a really nice girl.”

“I couldn’t. It’s best I keep things the way they are.” He sounded disappointed

“Kakashi it won’t kill you to take her out. Ignoring her won’t make your feelings go away.” Iruka tried his best to convince his friend.

“No Iruka, this time I cannot take your advice.” Kakashi said sternly before walking away.

Iruka stood stunned, is he really going to do this? Now I’ll have two confused people on my hands. Iruka sighed and headed to tell Yuki the good news, obviously leaving out the part where she was up to be in ANBU.