The Planning

Kakashi slept the best he could before he had to assemble his team at ANBU headquarter. He dressed quickly and made his way in the early morning light. He opted for normal dress, leaving his ANBU attire for another time. He enjoyed the walk to headquarters in the silence of the morning. Shopkeepers waved as he passed and he waved back, If they only knew what was about to happen.

The thing Kakashi cherished most was protecting this village from all the harm that threatened it. He never second guessed a mission when it came to that. He'd seen and experienced things he'd rather not think about; the loss of loved ones in battle, the pain of injuries unimaginable to others, and what it felt like to take a life. However, there was one thing that had never concerned him before, until now. A thought that had never worried him before, a thought that was forever on his mind now. What if he didn't make it home, what if he never lived to see this village again, what if he never made it back to Yuki.

Kakashi felt the familiar rage of the situation make a move inside of him. In the beginning of this Kakashi was nothing but angry at the way Yuki made him feel. He knew he had no time for love or any of the other emotional turmoil that came with it. He had a job to perform, responsibilities to take care of and this did not fit his life.

He realized now that his first thoughts on the situation were foolish, How did I ever think I could block all this out?

Kakashi knew his original plan was just him trying to have the best of both worlds, of trying to have Yuki, but not let her into his life at the same time.

Again another foolish move, he thought with a smile.

He never expected Yuki to break into him as much as she did. In all his 20 years he had never had someone, especially a woman affect his life in such a way. Kakashi was known for being alone, for being friendly, but from a distance. He knew that was the best way to keep people because tomorrow was never promised. He had never concerned himself with tomorrow until now. Now tomorrow was all he thought about, living in the present did not appeal to him anymore. He was beginning to want future things and he was beginning to make future plans.

Is it too late to change what I live for? Is it too late to want something different from this life? His thoughts were overrunning him; he just couldn't seem to get a grip, to make up his mind. He would love to have Yuki in his life, to make a life with her, but had he ruined his chances of that? Had his actions in the beginning made it impossible for Yuki to want to be with him? What if he explained why he had done it, would she understand it?

Kakashi hoped if he poured his heart out to Yuki she would understand, she had to if this was ever going to work. However, I have no time for this. I have planning to attend to.

He sighed, opening the door to ANBU headquarters and prepared for the first day of planning with ANBU and the Hokage.

------------------------------------------------------------

Yuki sat at her desk an hour before class was to begin. She was nowhere near ready for this day her mind was well off on the future. What am I going to do? I can't let Wolf leave without telling him how I feel. Yuki glanced out the window watching the morning unfold, light covering everything it touched. Was it a good idea to tell Wolf everything? Yuki had been wrestling with the idea for a long time now and each time she talked herself out of it, but now things were different. Now he was leaving and she didn't know if he would ever be back.

She took a breath to hold back the tears, eyes still staring out the window. It would be too much to bear if Wolf left without knowing, but would it weigh heavily on his mind the whole time? Yuki couldn't do that to Wolf, she couldn't add another worry to his shoulders. He already had the whole village to think about.