The Future Planning

Yuki got ready quickly, she was much hungrier than she had first thought and she didn't want to keep Iruka waiting. She knew he would be here before she was even close to done. Just as Yuki had predicted Iruka knocked on her door.

"It's open" She called from upstairs, she had left the door unlocked so she could continue in her readying.

"Real safe Yuki" Iruka called up as he entered

"Who's going to be coming through my front door?" Yuki replied with a laugh. She could hear the snort Iruka made from upstairs

"That's not the point" Iruka crossed his arms as Yuki walked down the stairs, his face quickly changing when she reached him.

Yuki was wearing a purple dress she had found in one of the local stores, she had been dying for a reason to wear it out. Her long hair was flowing down her back, pinned in the center by a flower. Yuki was so excited to be dressed up, leaving her work clothes behind for a night.

Yuki watched as Iruka looked her over, he looked surprised, which made her giggle. Iruka looked adorable in his green shirt and black pants with his hair down. Yuki had to say something to get Iruka to move from his statue like stance.

"I like your hair down" Yuki commented as Iruka blushed, realizing he had been staring at her the entire time. He cleared his throat quickly.

"Thank you, you look beautiful." It was Yuki's turn to blush. He's always so nice to me. This is going to be fun.

They walked out of Yuki's house and down to the center of town. The night was a little busy and the streets were crowded. Iruka and Yuki chatted about everything, they fell right back into the comfortable friendship they had a few short weeks ago. They let their noses lead the way as they continued walking and found what smelled the best.

Iruka walked in behind Yuki and they both paused to find a good spot. There was an open table by the windows in a less crowded spot. As they approach and Yuki reached for her chair Iruka moved quickly behind pulling Yuki's chair out for her. She smiled and took her seat as Iruka pushed her into the table.

Always such the gentleman, Yuki thought with an inner laugh as she watch Iruka take his seat across from her.

A waitress handed them menus and told them she would be back in a minute to take their orders.

"I'm so hungry" Yuki exclaimed looking over the menu

"Me too" They stared at the menus in silence as the restaurant grew louder. There was a bar on the far wall so of course it was going to get a little loud. Mostly just people laughing, which wasn't a big deal.

Iruka and Yuki began talking again, both avoiding the topics they knew would bring the evening down. They both knew of the mission tomorrow, they both knew their future was uncertain, but tonight wasn't about that. Tonight was about becoming the great friends they had started out as.

The waitress returned and they both ordered quickly, breaking off their conversations due to the hunger growing greater. By the time they realized it the food was being placed in front of them. They continued to talk as they ate, laughing about the training session Yuki had beaten Iruka at, Iruka promising a rematch soon. Their plates were cleared away and they sat drinking tea, the night growing later and the noise growing louder.

Yuki was facing the door, not paying too much attention to who was coming and going. Until a familiar face walked in being dragged by a group of men.

"Come on Kakashi, you're leaving tomorrow, you need this!" The statement was answered by cheers as they made their way to the bar.

Iruka hadn't expected Kakashi to be out tonight, not after the Hokage had ordered him to finish the planning. Iruka looked to Yuki who had looked away from Kakashi as he made eye-contact with her. Iruka could feel the rage in Kakashi as his one eye met his. Iruka knew he had to go over and say something to Kakashi before he destroyed the place; as if she knew what he was about to do Yuki nodded to Iruka with a smile. He rose and made his way to Kakashi, as his small crowd moved away to order.