Part Forty-Eight

The two of them eventually got out of bed. Tegan knew she needed to shower even before she thought about food. But Harry had other plans, bringing the room service menu in the bathroom as he sat down on the toilet lid, reading the breakfast choices to her while she showered.

"Pancakes, French toast, literally any kind of egg imaginable, fruit - lots of fruit choices..."

"French toast," she told him. She didn't even have to think about it. As soon as he said the words she knew that's what she wanted.

"I should have known. You love the confections," he snickered.

"I have a sweet tooth," she chuckled to herself.

"You're sweet from head-to-toe, love," Harry commented, making her whole body tingle.

"Scrambled eggs too," she added, biting at her lip as she tried to recover from another beautiful compliment from him.

"Okay."

"And pineapple. That sounds good," she told him matter-of-factly.

"Brilliant. Anything else?" He asked over the noise of the shower.

"Milk, to go with my confections," smiling at the very British word that she had probably never used in her entire life until now.

"Got it. I'm gonna order," he said as he stood up from the toilet.

"Okay."

When Tegan got out of the shower, she wrapped herself in one of the hotel's fluffy robes and carefully combed out her long blonde hair as Harry walked back into the bathroom.

"Twenty minutes," he said, stepping up to her, wrapping his arms around her from behind.

"Hmm?" She hummed, looking at him through the half-fogged up mirror.

"Our breakfast will be here in twenty minutes," he told her.

"Well, you better shower then," she chuckled.

"You're right," he said, standing up straight before planting a kiss on her cheek.

As Tegan brushed her teeth, Harry began singing in the shower.

"'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony. That's life. Tryna make ends meet. Tryna find somebody then you die. I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down. You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet, yeah."

Tegan froze with the toothbrush in her mouth listening to him, feeling her entire body react to the song he was singing because it was the same song that fluttered through her brain from his compliment earlier.

She quickly took the toothbrush out of her mouth and spit into the sink.

"That's the same song I had in my head," she told him.

"Really?" He asked immediately.

"Yeah. Because of what you said," she told him.

"That's why it's in my head," he chuckled.

"How were we both thinking of a song that came out when we were toddlers?" She asked, hanging her mouth open as she tried to focus on him through the steamed up glass in the shower.

"Because we have good taste in music?"

She couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah. Must be it," she chuckled, shoving the toothbrush back into her mouth to continue.

When she finished, she thought about how their breakfast would be delivered soon.

"Harry, I don't have any cash for a tip," Tegan told him.