Part Seventy-Six

Once in the club, the girls drank and laughed and danced and drank some more. Tegan was so happy that she decided to go out that night. She truly loved her friends and she realized it was just the type of night she needed to relieve some of the stress that had been building up inside with everything going on in her life.

When the house DJ finished his set, they announced the next DJ, and Tegan's jaw literally dropped.

"Special guest DJ— Joe Jonas!"

Tegan looked over at her friend Amelia, who seemed to be just as shocked as her.

"Joe Jonas is here?" Amelia asked, her eyes going a bit wide.

"Oh my god. I love him," Tegan gushed, her heart beating hard in her chest.

"So do I," Amelia said with a bright smile.

"This is amazing," Tegan giggled as the first song of Joe's set rang through the club, making her hips move immediately.

Joe's set was probably about an hour long, and by the end of it, Amelia was grabbing Tegan's hand, dragging her toward the stage.

"Where are we going?" Tegan called out to her over the loud music.

"To meet Joe Jonas!" Amelia yelled back.

Tegan's excitement flourished in her body before she realized they weren't just gonna let them meet him. There had to be bodyguards and stuff. But that didn't deter Amelia as she began explaining to them who Tegan was.

"Oh my god, Amelia," Tegan laughed, feeling embarrassed.

"She's an actress. She was in the movie Kaleidoscope and she won a Golden Globe for it," Amelia explained.

"Amelia," Tegan said, tugging on her hand.

"She's literally dating Harry Styles. Look it up. We just want to say 'hi' to Joe. He won't mind," Amelia said, going for a different tactic - pretending that he already knew who they were.

"Just let 'em through," another security guard told the one Amelia was talking to.

"Alright. Don't make me kick you out," he said, smirking at the two of them as he moved out of the way.

"Thank you!" Amelia said, leaning up to leave a kiss on his cheek as she passed by, tugging Tegan with her.

"Thank you!" Tegan called back to him.

As soon as Joe's DJ set was over, Amelia caught his attention, once again going on her whole spiel about Tegan being an actress and telling him what movie she starred in.

"Oh! Oh, yeah! That movie was great. A bit depressing, but great," Joe said with a wide smile as his attention fell to Tegan, really getting a good look at her face.

"You were the main girl in the movie," he pointed out, "What was her name?"

"Kimberly," she and Joe said at the same time, causing them to both laugh.

"Ah! Yeah," he said happily.

"It's really nice to meet you," Joe said, shaking her hand.

"You too. I'm a huge fan. We both are," she said, smiling from ear-to-ear.

"Oh. That's cool," he said excitedly.

Somehow being in Joe Jonas' presence made her realize just how drunk she was. Maybe because she didn't want to make an ass out of herself. But sometimes the best laid plans don't always go as intended.

"Oh my god. I can't believe we're meeting Joe Jonas," Tegan gushed, smiling over at Amelia before looking back at Joe, letting out a drunk giggle, which caused Joe to laugh too.