Part Seventy-Three

During the middle of the next week, Tegan got a call from her friend Emily, inviting her to their friend Lucy's 25th birthday party that Friday night. She planned for the group of their friends to go out to a club called the Avalon in Hollywood.

Tegan wasn't sure about it, not really wanting to go out because of the danger that lurked outside of Harry's gated community.

"C'mon. We haven't seen you in so long. We miss you!"

"I miss you guys too," Tegan told her honestly, feeling bad that she hadn't hung out with them in so long.

"So come out. We literally haven't seen you in months. Not since you started dating Mr. One Direction. We still need to talk about that, by the way!" Emily giggled on the other end of the line.

"Oh, god," Tegan chuckled, rolling her eyes, even though she knew Emily couldn't see her.

"C'mon. Rae and Amelia and Shannon and Katrina are all coming. And of course Lucy. Please, Tegan. We all miss you so much," Emily pleaded.

"I will think about it. I have a lot going on..."

Harry was leaving the Saturday after for London. She had spent every day with him in the past week, but it didn't mean she didn't want to spend their last night together. He would be gone for a whole week. But then again, Emily was right. It had been a while since they'd all hung out. At least since the beginning of summer.

"Okay. Seriously think about it though. I know you're busy with Harry, but we love you too," she told her.

"It's not that..." Tegan said, feeling bad. She didn't want to be the kind of person who just dropped their friends because they got a boyfriend.

"Either way," Emily said with a laugh.

"Okay. I will seriously think about it and let you know soon," Tegan told her.

"Yay! I really hope you decide to come. I'll talk to you later," Emily replied before the two of them said their goodbyes.

"Going out with friends?" Her manager Will asked, looking up from his laptop as the two of them sat in his office.

"My friend is throwing our other friend an impromptu birthday party at the Avalon on Friday night apparently," Tegan explained as she set her phone down on Will's desk.

"Sounds like fun. I like the Avalon," he said with a smile.

"Yeah. Every time I've been there it's been fun. But I'm concerned with that... that guy," Tegan sighed, the worry apparent on her face.

"Oh. The paparazzi guy? Yeah. I know what you mean," Will said, making a 'yikes' face.

"All of this has given me pretty bad anxiety," Tegan explained.

"You haven't seen him since you talked to me about it, right?" Will asked her, looking concerned.

"No. I've been staying at Harry's. And he lives in a gated neighborhood, so..." Tegan informed him.

"Well, that's good. I'm so happy that everything with Harry is working out," Will expressed, smiling from ear-to-ear.

"It really is," she replied, trying to bite back a smile.

"There's a... a glow about you since you started seeing him," he said with a little laugh.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. It's really nice, T," he told her with a soft smile.

"I'm happy. Really happy," she confessed, letting her smile beam from her face.

"And you are literally the luckiest person I've ever met. I've never known anyone who has met their idol, only to have that idol fall in love with them right back," Will chuckled as he smiled back at her